Macro to change audio output.

Froger96

hi guys... havn't posted around here before...

im not a coder or programmer, so sorry if this sounds dumb, but i have basicly been looking at having a macro key that changes the audio output from HDMI to Speaker (3.5mm) because someone might get me to join a game and i forget to do it and it just makes it easier than going through the long process 3 times a day. so i googled it and found this.

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2010/06/16/windows-7-tip-how-to-change-the-default-audio-device-with-a-hot/ 

which lead me to autohotkey, and it gave me a line of code. but i dont know how to use the programme or what to do with the code. basicly, i have on my keyboard some buttons on both side which are for like, shortcut key tot he calculator or music or web browser, and i just want to change one of those so it goes from either headphones to tv, or tv to headphones. does anyone know of any way to do this, and please be simple with me i dont know what i am doing. :)

thanks for any help i get.

Have a read of this thread. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12430-Switch-between-Audio-Devices-the-Easy-Way!

They mention using a macro on the program short cut.

I might try it out as well.

Switching audio pisses me off as well, but I've always been too lazy to search for a solution.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I've been using a custom rainmeter skin to do this. I have 5 different sets of speakers that I use regularly, so I made a skin that easily switches between them. The problem is that the rainmeter plugin changes what speakers are assigned what numbers every reboot. I've been manually editing the skin each time I reboot to fix it.

It should be possible to map the functions that the rainmeter plugin uses to macro keys, but I personally don't know where to start with that. If you want my rainmeter skin for a reference, I'd be happy to upload it somewhere, but I doubt it would be of much use.