nf-f12 and nf-p12

HermanT

whats the difference between these 2 fans? From what I can tell, the nf-f12 is an improvement over nf-p12... or they are both different?

is there a scenario where I would use nf-p12 over nf-f12?

whats the difference between these 2 fans? From what I can tell, the nf-f12 is an improvement over nf-p12... or they are both different?

is there a scenario where I would use nf-p12 over nf-f12?

yeah, the F12 is basically an improved P12

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

noctua website sais f12 has more pressure but p12 is more silent... but theres just 1dBa difference... so, advice is > forget p12, always buy f12?

noctua website sais f12 has more pressure but p12 is more silent... but theres just 1dBa difference... so, advice is > forget p12, always buy f12?

If it matters the F12 also looks a bit better IMO. The P12 have like this redish brown color, F12's are more brown. Only improvement really is more static pressure. I think you can conclude for yourself that 1dBa is negligible.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

There is a also VC version of the P12, there is only a PWM version of the F12.

Afaik the F12 is louder when VC is used.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The NF-F12 has a better bearing design than the NF-P12 and should last a bit longer. The F12 is a bit louder being designed for high pressure which is great for high density radiators or heatsinks. The NF-P12 is designed for more all-around usage and is also great for heatsink that are less dense. For example, take a look at the NH-u12s vs the NH-u12p.

The NF-F12 is the better fan overall but I prefer the versatility of the NF-P12 even if it probably wouldn't last as long.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Here's how i see it...

NF-F12's are great for rads or if you want to direct air to an part in your case....

Where NF-P12's are great for intake fans as they push cold air all over the place...not just one Direction.

Well that's why i used NF-P12's as intakes :)

But the F12 and P12 are amazing fans.

Also... The P12 is quieter then the F12 at the same speed... but the F12 can spin at a lower RPM than the P12...

which one would you guys personaly use with hese? 1 rad on the top, 1 in the front (38mm thich)

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-pe-240-dual.html

NF-F12. Since you didn't quote us nobody knows that you've replied. Please quote when you reply. :)

Note that PE EK rads has high fpi which means you need the fans running at high RPM at which point they will be loud. Have a look at the XTX rads from EK. Alphacool XT45 (45mm) are good too if they'll fit in your case.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/120mm-series/ek-coolstream-xtx-series/ek-coolstream-rad-xtx-240.html

NF-F12. Since you didn't quote us nobody knows that you've replied. Please quote when you reply. :)

Note that PE EK rads has high fpi which means you need the fans running at high RPM at which point they will be loud. Have a look at the XTX rads from EK. Alphacool XT45 (45mm) are good too if they'll fit in your case.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/120mm-series/ek-coolstream-xtx-series/ek-coolstream-rad-xtx-240.html

thanks, I'll keep quoting in mind...

I am just learning the whole radiator and liquid cooling concept... what I am thinking is buying those 2 rads PE 240mm and put noctua fans on there, at about 1000-1300rpm... that is the possible plan for now... I hope it will be ok to cool the processor (8350) at high clocks...

usualy the more rpm the better the cooling... or with high fpi rads I will have to run fans at high rpm just to be effective or completely innefective?

thanks, I'll keep quoting in mind...

I am just learning the whole radiator and liquid cooling concept... what I am thinking is buying those 2 rads PE 240mm and put noctua fans on there, at about 1000-1300rpm... that is the possible plan for now... I hope it will be ok to cool the processor (8350) at high clocks...

usualy the more rpm the better the cooling... or with high fpi rads I will have to run fans at high rpm just to be effective or completely innefective?

2 240mm rads will give you great cooling for a CPU. 

High fpi rads are just really ineffective at low rpm. Usually quietness while getting superior cooling performance is the main goal with watercooling.

The link I've posted below is an easy way to see what I mean. Keep your eye on the RPM of the fans the tests are done at and the following two radiators. Hardware Labs GTX 360 (20 fpi = high) and the Alphacool Nexxos UT60 (9.6 fpi = low). The GTX360 starts at the bottom at 600rpm, look where it is when the test are done at 2200rpm. It's after 1800rpm that these high fpi rads really shine. The UT60 is still the winner because it's just a good all around rad. High fpi rads are the better option if you want a lot of cooling from smaller or thinner rads. 

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/04/09/hardware-labs-gtx-360-radiator/4/

2 240mm rads will give you great cooling for a CPU. 

High fpi rads are just really ineffective at low rpm. Usually quietness while getting superior cooling performance is the main goal with watercooling.

The link I've posted below is an easy way to see what I mean. Keep your eye on the RPM of the fans the tests are done at and the following two radiators. Hardware Labs GTX 360 (20 fpi = high) and the Alphacool Nexxos UT60 (9.6 fpi = low). The GTX360 starts at the bottom at 600rpm, look where it is when the test are done at 2200rpm. It's after 1800rpm that these high fpi rads really shine. The UT60 is still the winner because it's just a good all around rad. High fpi rads the better option if you want a lot of cooling from smaller or thinner rads. 

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/04/09/hardware-labs-gtx-360-radiator/4/

thank you!

I am gonna read that when I'm rested, quite tired now.

I was primarily looking at EK products... I will probably need 2 rads with 30-40mm thickness, and those rads are the only ones EK sells with that thickness (the shipping fee with EK is low and I think I wont need to pay import tax). I am gonna research other companies now.

I am getting mighty tired ordering everything from other countries and paying shipping fees, with the cool stuff even unavailable... like nzxt, and pretty much all the mod cables and tweaks from all the companies around.

thank you!

I am gonna read that when I'm rested, quite tired now.

I was primarily looking at EK products... I will probably need 2 rads with 30-40mm thickness, and those rads are the only ones EK sells with that thickness (the shipping fee with EK is low and I think I wont need to pay import tax). I am gonna research other companies now.

I am getting mighty tired ordering everything from other countries and paying shipping fees, with the cool stuff even unavailable... like nzxt, and pretty much all the mod cables and tweaks from all the companies around.

In what country do you live? Popular brands are Hardware Labs, XSPC, Alphacool and EK.

In what country do you live? Popular brands are Hardware Labs, XSPC, Alphacool and EK.

thanks!

Estonia (south of finland)

thanks!

Estonia (south of finland)

Found this huge retailer list on Tom's Harware: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998-31-worldwide-online-computer-parts-stores 

C/P the Estonia and Finland ones.

Estonia

Arvutikeskus

Finland

Tieto Friikki <--- Radio Shack for Finland, sells PC parts

Verkko Kauppa

Jimm's PC Store

Only 4 Pro <--- Geared toward servers and home theater components

Found this huge retailer list on Tom's Harware: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998-31-worldwide-online-computer-parts-stores 

C/P the Estonia and Finland ones.

Estonia

Arvutikeskus

Finland

Tieto Friikki <--- Radio Shack for Finland, sells PC parts

Verkko Kauppa

Jimm's PC Store

Only 4 Pro <--- Geared toward servers and home theater components

thanks, you are amazing !

yeah, there are a lot of hardware stores, but its not like you can order right from them... theres a handy site in Estonia that shows you pretty much all that is available from resellers around the country... the only thing in custom watercooling here are a few EKWB cooling kits and thats it. There are all in one coolers though... Otherwise not a very pc geek country, I think custom loop will be a rarity amongst rarity here.

I checked ebay, think I will be able to order some hardware labs rads with little to no shipping (dont know about the customs though)... gonna check other brands later, and in depth...

so thank you very much...

I'm currently deciding whether I should spend out and go with the build or not, making blueprints if you may... also hate my noisy system (be it the flexible case, that fans are mounted to, or the fans themselves)... gonna ask you more if I go through ;)

much appreciated !

thanks, you are amazing !

yeah, there are a lot of hardware stores, but its not like you can order right from them... theres a handy site in Estonia that shows you pretty much all that is available from resellers around the country... the only thing in custom watercooling here are a few EKWB cooling kits and thats it. There are all in one coolers though... Otherwise not a very pc geek country, I think custom loop will be a rarity amongst rarity here.

I checked ebay, think I will be able to order some hardware labs rads with little to no shipping (dont know about the customs though)... gonna check other brands later, and in depth...

so thank you very much...

I'm currently deciding whether I should spend out and go with the build or not, making blueprints if you may... also hate my noisy system (be it the flexible case, that fans are mounted to, or the fans themselves)... gonna ask you more if I go through ;)

much appreciated !

Always happy to help. Feel free to ask more questions if you decide to go through with it.