H80i?

Why does the Corsair H80i have bad-ish reviews? What else would you recommend for overclocking an i7 4790K? Do you think the H80i will do a good job?

Cheers,

Quentin

The pump noise from the H80i that I had was terrible and I have had nothing but problems from all in one liquid coolers with the pump noise.  So I went to a Noctua NH-D15 and you can over clock with that cooler.

For the cost of the H80i you can get an NH-D15 and get better cooling and zero problems.

If I remember correctly the H80i had problems where the pump would die after having loud noises coming from it.

Benchmarks show that it is one of the best 'single fan' radiator AiO there out there, I read there was people with pump issues on reviews and comments, but I have never used one to know about it.

For the price you can get a high end air cooler, achieve better temperatures and have a quieter operation. If you want a 120mm rad AiO, then it's only for the bling.

I'v seen alot of mixed feelings towards corsair aio coolers,
Some complain or fan noises, some on pump noises.

However i also heard that Corsairs support is excelent and they always try to satisfy their costumers.
Even if replacementparts may take a while to get to their destinations.

I'm probably getting a H80i as soon as i can afford one.

Also there is a 5 year warranty.
Still sucks if it dies after a year or so though.

Redliquid~

I own one and I have no complaints. Going for a custom loop soon however.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

However i also heard that Corsairs support is excelent and they always try to satisfy their costumers.

But to ship the cooler to California from Canada is $50 in shipping soo that is a huge expense.

But to ship the cooler to California from Canada is $50 in shipping soo that is a huge expense.

I dont see how that is relevant?

I buy my pc hardware in one of the 34897847 stores in my city, if it breaks i bring it there and they take it from there.

Redliquid~

But if their product was good in the first place, they wouldn't have to have good customer support anyway.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Why does the Corsair H80i have bad-ish reviews? What else would you recommend for overclocking an i7 4790K? Do you think the H80i will do a good job?

Cheers,

Quentin

Forget the h80 just get a good air cooler for the same money that will rape it in every department.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Cheers,

Quentin

(How the H100i preforms) they preform very similarly though i beleive

Redliquid~

Cheers,

Quentin

My father's new-ish PC features an H80i, it can be noisy, but it's because of the fans that ship with it, NOT the pump.

Just replace the stock H80i fan with a noctua if it becomes too loud.

As for temps any of these liquid coolers should keep the CPU cool, because thermodynamics.

On the water coolers you might hear some odd pump sounds when you turn the PC on and they start to pump, but they should be pretty quiet after that or under load.

Git Gud.

Thanks Guys!

I'm about to find out what this thing is all about!