Corsair RM550 or XFX XTR 550W

njofra
Go to solution Solved by RatedBlam,

I have the XTR 550w and I can vouch for that.

it's 4 kunas or dollars of whatever cheaper so might as well save that.

I believe both are also passive to certain extent.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/131654-xfx-xtr-550w-not-scientific/

Here's my review if you're interested.

Hello!

I'm upgrading my computer and I can't decide what power supply to buy. I would like it to be be fully modular and 80+ Gold, so I found these two that fit my budget(around 750 Croatian Kuna=$135), Corsair RM550 and XFX XTR550. I'm looking for silence and from what I've read Corsair is quieter, but it has worse build quality(worse capacitors). Price is pretty much the same, Corsair is just $4 more. It will run 4690k and R9 290.

Thanks!

Sorry but build quality and capacitors aren't even relevant to eachother, the RM550 is a nice PSU.

XFX imo, RM series is a bit meh

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Sorry but build quality and capacitors aren't even relevant to eachother, the RM550 is a nice PSU.

It's almost always included under build quality part of reviews, even at JonnyGuru. Both are nice, that's why I can't decide  :D Thanks!

I have the XTR 550w and I can vouch for that.

it's 4 kunas or dollars of whatever cheaper so might as well save that.

I believe both are also passive to certain extent.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/131654-xfx-xtr-550w-not-scientific/

Here's my review if you're interested.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

The XTR without a doubt,is the better quality psu. The RM series is unimpressive for the price and quality on offer. Simply said,the XTR is based on Seasonic G-series platform with a hybrid fan switch,better fan,cable and chassis design whilst being slightly cheaper than the Seasonic G-series (in some places).  

I would choose that XTR in a heart beat.

The XTR without a doubt,is the better quality psu. The RM series is unimpressive for the price and quality on offer. Simply said,the XTR is based on Seasonic G-series platform with a hybrid fan switch,better fan,cable and chassis design whilst being slightly cheaper than the Seasonic G-series (in some places).  

I would choose that XTR in a heart beat.

Is it Seasonic S12G-550 Gold? I found it about 30USD cheaper in another store, so even with double shipping it's quite a bit cheaper.

My bad, it's not the same, S12G isn't modular, the shop had an image of a modular Seasonic PSU so it confused me. I'm getting XTR550, thanks for all of your help!