Is the 290x worth the extra money? or 280x is better

Harshith Mohan

A 290 would be a better option.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Performance-Price, I think the 290 is the best one currently. So either that, or the 280X.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

what is the performance gain from a 280 to a 280X?

Yeah.. I saw that the 290 is better than 280x and not expensive as 290x.. So, is it better?

LOL! I gave an answer to myself :P

is this XFX card good.. It seems cheaper than other.. and Gigabyte Windforce is around the same price too :)

Which one is good?

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Edition-Double-Graphics-R9290AEDBD/dp/B00HWSATI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404835632&sr=8-1&keywords=XFX+r9+290

OP, this one, even cheaper and much better...the tri-x cooler is amazing!

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11227-00-40G/dp/B00HJOXUKC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404835985&sr=8-2&keywords=r9+290

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

LOL! I gave an answer to myself :P

is this XFX card good.. It seems cheaper than other.. and Gigabyte Windforce is around the same price too :)

Which one is good?

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Edition-Double-Graphics-R9290AEDBD/dp/B00HWSATI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404835632&sr=8-1&keywords=XFX+r9+290

TRI-X is much better and comes at a nicer price.

Probably the best option for a 290 at this price point: http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11227-00-40G/dp/B00HJOXUKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404836019&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+290+tri-x

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

The 290x is cheaper and basically the same thing but lower clocked then its 290x counterpart.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

I need to know something..
Which one of them is more quieter?
XFX, Gigabyte or Sapphire

the one with the most fans

check reviews but i'd say the sapphire tri-x

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

check reviews but i'd say the sapphire tri-x

we have a sapphire mobo and the cpu runs always at 100% usage if a programm is used, cause of it

we have a sapphire mobo and the cpu runs always at 100% usage if a programm is used, cause of it

haha say what man? that is not a possible thing..

at least i can assure you that in regards of AMD GPU's sapphire tech is top of the line.

haha say what man? that is not a possible thing..

at least i can assure you that in regards of AMD GPU's sapphire tech is top of the line.

it is

The 290 is the most obvious choice. Better than a 280x and only little worse than 290x (which costs way more)