Vodafone slashes roaming charges in eight countries

Dietrichw

Source

Vodafone.jpg

Customers with a Vodafone contract can take their minutes, texts and data with them on holiday, both in Europe and further afield. For an extra £5 a day, the Vodafone WorldTraveller deal lets you use your allowance in the USA, India, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, Ghana, Qatar and South Africa

Receiving calls and texts is also free. The deal is available to pay monthly customers, including certain business price plans, but not to pay-as-you-go customers.

When popping over to the continent, the existing Vodafone EuroTraveller deal costs £2 a day. You can even enjoy 4G roaming in Italy, Spain and Portugal.

This month, the EU slashed roaming charges, with data costs halved. As part of a drive to connect Europe's telecoms systems under one standard,

£5 a day which converts to $8.57 USD can still add up, but not as painful as old roaming charges

Still too expensive and we've already been paying way too much for years and years.

So once again Vodafone still selling gimmicks instead of improving their actual network in which came out dead last in the Root Metrics Scores:

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/03/13/ee-ranked-uks-best-mobile-network-in-rootmetrics-national-survey/

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Source

Vodafone.jpg

£5 a day which converts to $8.57 USD can still add up, but not as painful as old roaming charges

seriously 5bucks is way too much. im not paying 70 bucks to use my phone on a 2 weeks trip somewhere. i like the idea but i think they just try to sell gimmicks like ea does with addons instead of pushing the service they are just milking the cow untill its dead

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3