Which computer would you rather have?

Luke

This is a completely hypothetical scenario but say someone offered you one of two comps, Which would you choose? #1 or #2?

Intel i5-2500K

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z 

G.Skill Sniper 2X4GB 1866Mhz

Swiftech H220 

AMD HD 6990 (Koolance waterblock)

120GB Samsung 830 SSD

1TB WD Black

Corsair obsidian 800D

Antec high current pro 850W

OR

Intel i5-4670K

GIGABYTE GA-Z87-D3HP

Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 1600Mhz

Noctua NH-D14 

MSI HD 7970

2TB WD Blue

Antec Three Hundred Two

SeaSonic S12II 620W

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

2, 7970 is more upgradable and around the same performance as 2 6970s

Case may not be too good, but the second one wins.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

The second option for me as well. I could always make the minor edits with what I didn't like. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Definitely the second

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

deffo toats the second one, newer architecture and such

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Since everyone seem to be favoring the 2nd i made some changes. Also need to add the PSU's one sec.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Second one. 6970x2... Ew :P

Always go the single gpu solution, so the second one.

2, 7970 is more upgradable and around the same performance as 2 6970s

Case may not be too good, but the second one wins.

The second option for me as well. I could always make the minor edits with what I didn't like. :P

Definitely the second

deffo toats the second one, newer architecture and such

Still the same choice? I made some changes.

I would still go for the second one, I think those 6990s get as hot as the sun.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Still the second build.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Still the second. I don't want a volcano in my computer.

Yes, 2 is still more upgradeable  

@AlwaysFSX

:lol:

Yup, the same for me.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yep, no one wants this. Unless your in Alaska, or Russia during the winter times. In that case yeah....... good gpu and a heater. BEST 2 IN 1 EVAH! 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I would still go for the second one, I think those 6990s get as hot as the sun.

Still the second build.

Yes, 2 is still more upgradeable  

@AlwaysFSX

:lol:

Yup, the same for me.

Yep, no one wants this. Unless your in Alaska, or Russia during the winter times. In that case yeah....... good gpu and a heater. BEST 2 IN 1 EVAH! 

Still??? Haha

Still??? Haha

Yeah. The 6990 just has a waterblock there's no water going through it. It'll explode.

Still??? Haha

Unless you change the GPU itself to something like a 290 I will keep picking number 2

Yeah. The 6990 just has a waterblock there's no water going through it. It'll explode.

Hooked up to the H220.

My choice is #1. 

Changed the mobo on #1 to the Maximus IV Extreme-Z from Maximus IV Gene-Z. The Extreme-Z is extended ATX, Having a Micro ATX board in a 800D is a bit silly. I also forgot to add memory.