HELP - Serious Folder Problem

Merackon

Hi people,

Today I had an issue with my computer whereby for some reason out of my control the partition of the SSD on which I had my Documents folder seemed to have been deleted, I don't recall deleting it, but I was messing around with a different drive in the disk management area of the computer properties at some point earlier in time...anyway, that aside, I didn't lose anything other than legacy folders and files that were in the process of being either archived or deleted anyway, so on that front there is almost no issue.

However, the problem is that because I had the Documents location target set to this partition, and then the partition was deleted, the name in the sidebar of the Windows 8.1 file explorer changed from being 'Documents' to the letter that I had assigned the drive, that being 'F:'. My question is now:

1. How do I create a new Documents folder, that Windows treats as the 'real deal', with icon and correct pathing etc.?
  2. I found the location of the user folder shell thing in the registry, is there something there that I need to change to allow this to happen correctly with regards to the 'Personal' folder?

Any help on the matter would be appreciated, as a lot of the guides I have found online either don't work or are for the wrong type of problem, where people have lost the location, not the whole folder.

Thanks in advance,

Jack