Help can I add a Graphics Card

Go to solution Solved by Wtalk2,

Well nothing in this system is over clocked and its just going to be a standard 750ti btw he doesnt want a AMD gpu not because of fanboy but because he wants the nvidia shadowplay and stuff like that 

Don't worry, that PSU will be plenty to power that system. Getting a 750TI would be a great choice.

Hello all my friend has a HP Pavilion desktop that he want to add a graphics card onto since it only has A integrated gpu from A Amd A6 - 3620. He was thinking of getting a gtx 750 Ti for it but  hes not sure if his PC can even power it. His motherboard does have a pcie 2.0 x16 slot but his power supply is only a 300 watt. Not only that but he is afraid since its a HP motherboard that it still might not drive enough power through the PCIe lane to power it right. Anyone have any thoughts on this? also I'm not sure where i was suppose to post this since its not trouble shooting but just a upgrade plan or so. Thanks in advance for any help :D

The lanes should power it but if they don't then you will need a new PSU to power everything..

I think all mobos have power in the pcie lanes so dont worry about the mobo being HP

@Ritsukashy remember to follow your own thread

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Oh ok then but would a 300 watt powersupply be able to power everything? The PC has A AMD A6-3620 CPU, a regular optical drive, 8gb of ram, and a 4tb hard drive

Oh ok then but would a 300 watt powersupply be able to power everything? The PC has A AMD A6-3620 CPU, a regular optical drive, 8gb of ram, and a 4tb hard drive

thats kinda pushing it

A 750TI would be a great match for that CPU and the 750TI doesn't require any more power than what the PCI Lane provides (75 watts) as long as he has a 16X PCI slot (Which he does) he can use it :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

thats kinda pushing it

Not really, even under load his PC probably doesn't even reach 200W. PCPartPicker only estimates that this system requires 210W even with a 750TI.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Well nothing in this system is over clocked and its just going to be a standard 750ti btw he doesnt want a AMD gpu not because of fanboy but because he wants the nvidia shadowplay and stuff like that 

Don't worry, that PSU will be plenty to power that system. Getting a 750TI would be a great choice.

My Current Build: