i5 4570 with H81?

Hi! Any H81 mobo is good enough to pair it with an i5 4570 and a GTX 760? Is the low-end chipset, but is very cheap and I need to get a budget build. Also, the RAM. I can get 2 sticks of 4GB of Kingston Hyper X Red, not the new ones, or get 1 stick of 8GB of the new Fury RAM.

I need some help and recommendations. Sadly, I already bought the GTX 760 so I have to stick with that GPU.

This is a good board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132044
You may get 2 sticks of 4GB or 1 sitck of 8GB of the new Fury ram. It's your choice, dual channel will not amount to a huge difference. I would go for 1 stick of the new Fury series ram. And it will give you an upgradable path to 16GB..

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

if your on a budget I would go with an AMD build rather than pair a decent processor with a low end chipset with AMD you could get a nice unlocked processor and pair it with a good chipset and a awesome video card and still have money for good set of RAM

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

if your on a budget I would go with an AMD build rather than pair a decent processor with a low end chipset with AMD you could get a nice unlocked processor and pair it with a good chipset and a awesome video card and still have money for good set of RAM

I live in mexico, they only sell the 8350, and costs the same as the 4570, I spend more with the 8350 and 990FX mobo, than i5 with cheap mobo :(

Yes you can, but what's your budget? and I personally don't like some Fury sticks bc of high latencies (i.e. CL10 1600 MHz)

My budget without the GPU is like 500 USD, but I live in Mexico, everything is more expensive here.

get any H81 motherboard with core i5-4570 and 8GB of the cheapest DDR3 you can find, that's perfect mate they all support the i5-4570 and have a pcie3.0 X16 slot for your GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

This is a good board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132044

You may get 2 sticks of 4GB or 1 sitck of 8GB of the new Fury ram. It's your choice, dual channel will not amount to a huge difference. I would go for 1 stick of the new Fury series ram. And it will give you an upgradable path to 16GB..

What about this one?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128616

Way cheaper than the Asus H87 one, I don't plan to SLI or crossfire. And I'm only using 1 HDD. What about B85 mobos?

I live in mexico, they only sell the 8350, and costs the same as the 4570, I spend more with the 8350 and 990FX mobo, than i5 with cheap mobo :(

send me the money I'll buy the parts and mail them to you :P lol J/K that sucks

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

get any H81 motherboard with core i5-4570 and 8GB of the cheapest DDR3 you can find, that's perfect mate they all support the i5-4570 and have a pcie3.0 X16 slot for your GPU.

H81 only supports PCIE 2.0, I don't lose any performance anyways, but the guys here says that isn't a good idea pair the 4570 with a cheap mobo

500 USD (6500 MXN) for CPU and MB or CPU+MB+RAM (i think you mean this?)?

Yes, but now that I see the currency is more like 650 USD (8,500 - 9,000 MXN) For CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, PSU, DVD Drive and Case. I already know what I'm going to buy for the Case, PSU ad HDD (WD Blue 1TB, Corsair 230t, Corsair CX600M and a cheap Asus DVD Drive) Where I have problems is with the CPU, MB and RAM

H81 only supports PCIE 2.0, I don't lose any performance anyways, but the guys here says that isn't a good idea pair the 4570 with a cheap mobo

this is absolutely untrue the chipset has nothing to do with the performance of your CPU, those boards are meant to be paired with those locked intel CPU's.

But look into H97 motherboard this is the latest ''non overclocking ready'' chipset for intel boards and they don't cost much more...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Any shop in preference? (the one I'm using doesn't have CX600 :P)

Digitalife.com.mx is the store with the best prices I've seen. If you have any suggestions of case or anything else that can be cheaper and better that would be awesome :D

this is absolutely untrue the chipset has nothing to do with the performance of your CPU, those boards are meant to be paired with those locked intel CPU's.

I'm not saying that I lose performance, I just want to know that to buy that's why I'm asking :P Some people told me that H87 or B85 is better but not everyone told me what's wrong with H81,that's why I'm asking :)

I'm not saying that I lose performance, I just want to know that to buy that's why I'm asking :P Some people told me that H87 or B85 is better but not everyone told me what's wrong with H81,that's why I'm asking :)

nothing wrong with H81, but check into H97 if you want the latest chipset that will support newest CPU's.

nothing wrong with H81, but check into H97 if you want the latest chipset that will support newest CPU's.

Thanks, I will buy B85 so I get the USB 3.0 support (it seems that my case doesn't have normal USB headers). I'm not planning to upgrade the PC in 3-4 years, so Broadwell isn't in my plans :D

https://www.digitalife.com.mx/producto/18611/GIGABYTE/MOTHERBOARD-GA_:_B85M_:_D3H-SOCKET-1150

If that fits in your budget with a 4570... :rolleyes:

A CX500 Would be enough for your system BTW...

Yes, it seems good. Are you sure that the CX500 is enough? Even for overclocking the GPU? I don't want to upgrade anything of the PC in 3-4 years, and if the PSU can last me more time that would be great. I've heard some bad things about the CX500, but are you really sure? I don't have any problem buying it, is cheaper but I don't want to risk my entire system D:

The CX500 is not that great of a unit i'd pick something different but 500W is sure plenty for your build and future upgrades (PC parts tend to be more and more energy efficient as the generation unfolds, so it's highly likely that you will never need more power than your original build will require)

i'd pick this unit, 520W semi-modular top brand and good quality:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

The CX500 is not that great of a unit i'd pick something different but 500W is sure plenty for your build and future upgrades (PC parts tend to be more and more energy efficient as the generation unfolds, so it's highly likely that you will never need more power than your original build will require)

i'd pick this unit, 520W semi-modular top brand and good quality:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

Nobody sells seasonic PSU's here :( There's also the GS600 from Corsair, non-modular, and it's only 7 bucks more than the CX600M. I really don't want to buy a bad PSU, is the most important part of the PC

Nobody sells seasonic PSU's here :( There's also the GS600 from Corsair, non-modular, and it's only 7 bucks more than the CX600M. I really don't want to buy a bad PSU, is the most important part of the PC

you shop online? could you provide a link and an idea of max price in currency used on your site? chances are that there would be better quality units at around the 500W range...

you shop online? could you provide a link and an idea of max price in currency used on your site? chances are that there would be better quality units at around the 500W range...

https://www.digitalife.com.mx/categorias?categoria=236 That's the link of the PSU's.

On the 500w range, that the store have stock

Antec 500w green watts

Corsair RM 550 (very expensive btw)

Cooler Master V550 (costs the same as the Antec 500w)

And that's it. The Corsair GS600 is cheaper than all the PSU's that I listed. But I don't know if it's of good quality, the V550 is a safe bet for me, is more expensive than the CX600M and CX500M, but is 80+ gold, 5 years of warranty and is a good quality PSU. The only bad thing is that it's a little expensive and I would have to get a cheaper B85 mobo (one with only 2 RAM slots) or the Corsair 200r instead the 300r.

get the CX500M then.

get the CX500M then.

Ok, thank you. I hope it works well without burning something :D

Ok, thank you. I hope it works well without burning something :D

nahh it will be fine it's still a medium quality PSU and defenetly something to consider, it's not a bad product by any means it's just not the greatest of all but for the price you do get a lot..

nahh it will be fine it's still a medium quality PSU and defenetly something to consider, it's not a bad product by any means it's just not the greatest of all but for the price you do get a lot..

Yes, that's right. About the case what would you prefer? Corsair 200r or 300r?

Yes, that's right. About the case what would you prefer? Corsair 200r or 300r?

the corsair 300R is obviously superior, if it fit in your budget id go with it as long as you won't cheap out on something else within the machine to get it...the importance to me is what is INSIDE the case...not the case itself!