UV lights for watercooling loop

Hi guys,

I finally managed to put together my first watercooling build with a 420 rad, ek waterblocks for gpu and cpu thanks to all your support.

I'm using a blue EK UV coolant and am looking for something not too bright but can make my tubes glow in the dark. For those of you who are into this sort of thing, do any of you have any good suggestions for a good UV backlight that is fairly subtle in brightness but makes the UV coolant glow well in the dark?

The second question I have relates to water coolant brand that gives the good cooling and bluish color. I find the blue EK UV coolant I bought fairly light bluish (kind of greenish in a sense - see screenshot for details) in color. I bought a spare bottle of feserOne blue online just now but not sure if it's a good choice but it seems bluer and the reviews seem not bad. However, if there are any better suggestions, please do let me know.

Warm Regards,

post-85512-0-69044700-1404395026_thumb.j

post-85512-0-69044700-1404395026_thumb.j

UV backlight? I know that Linus did a review on some phobya leds when he was working on his personal rig. However, I think he stated that those have a tendency to dim and some might actually die. It's probably why he never actually did a final video for so long since he was waiting for more. You could try the Dazmode darksiders leds. They have about 20 leds per strip and are made by some car manufacturer (He states BMW but not sure). You can try CCFL UV lights. Or, if you're a little handy.. You could just buy some 12 volt LED strips that are used in cars or motorcycles and just stick them into the wires that would add up to 12 volts in a molex.

Coolant? Mayhem X1? Idk.

Thanks! Those are some great suggestions, let me check them out. The 12 volt led strips seem nice. I may try out the CCFL UV lights, i hope they don't die out too easily.

Thanks! Those are some great suggestions, let me check them out. The 12 volt led strips seem nice. I may try out the CCFL UV lights, i hope they don't die out too easily.

About the coolant. You could try Mayhems X1 UV coolant. Feel free to drop some more (better) pics of your loop.  :)

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.