Tech Marketing and How They Drag You In

Just had a conversation with my Dad about T-mobile vs AT&T.

So a couple of years ago my mom switched from T-mobile to AT&T because of their better stability and plans. After watching TechnoBuffalo's T-mobile 'Test Drive' has this nice program of trying out an iPhone 5s with unlimited services. However, we are experiencing lower income now that one of my parents lost their jobs. Now I asked my Dad if he was willing to switch to T-mobile if their service was better AND cheaper ($100 to be exact) than AT&T.

His concept:

Not broken, don't fix it. 

"It's their marketing strategy"

It's not needed (to switch) - EX: I have a watch, there's no need to buy a Galaxy Gear 2 unless I want to show off with it (or have the money for it).

Takes too long of a time

Messes up everything (you might get something otherwise on T-mobile if you switch from AT&T)

My concept:

Save a ton of money 

Better service (if I were to test it)

Switching doesn't really take that long if compared to saving $100 per month

Both carriers are pretty much equalized in my area (Southern Cali.) 

What side do you take, and why? 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Half the time my parents just think I'm crazy and have no fucking clue what I'm talking about. Also, some of those "deals" are only for like the first 6 months or year or something like that. DirecTV catches people like that. They give you an amazing deal for a year then jack up the price. But I have no clue about T-Mobile so I don't know if their deals are legit or not (T-Mobile doesn't have service where I live.)

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Not about t-mobile or at&t but my mom is in a similar situation. We have a full channel pack on our tv from the most expensive provider for 30 euros and we use only like 5 channels that you can get for 7 euros a month. Also we have 3g internet that is enough for my mom to use facebook but definitely not enough to play anything or download movies at a normal speed.

By getting a home combo from a less expensive provider we would save a lot of money and get a normal people internet and she just doesn't want to because it takes too much time. T_T