700-780$ Gaming Pc build. First time! Advice would be nice!

Hello everyone! It is my first time on this website and the first time I will try to create a gaming PC. I would like to hear from you guys if this is a good build or if I need to add/remove anything, or if you guys have a better build that is around this budget would also help me a lot :)!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Wowyoshi/saved/Y7hmP6

I also want to know if this would be able to run new games good or if you guys have any Pc's that runs new/somewhat new games at around medium, high or ultra :)! (Skyrim,Fallout,watch dogs, Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield, etc)

And again. Thanks for taking the time to read this and help a newbie out!  ^_^

I also have A Keyboard, Mouse. If you guys know any good monitors and a windows to add on, that would be awesome.  :P

@Wowyoshi

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($184.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($76.66 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Professional ($22.00 @ G2a.com)
Total: $791.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

First, welcome to the forums. 

Second, "Advice would be nice" Tell me you planned that.

Third, the build looks great. Do you have a copy of windows? 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

There's a decent 99$ acer 23" floating around on partpicker

Also the build looks good the fx is fine or an i5 it pretty much boils down to what you want! And make a mental note that after this is built please consider an ssd for a future addon

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

@Wowyoshi

Go for an i5 if you can. 

I think the 6300 will do him good considering he is already over his budget and needs a solid GPU to play the listed games. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Also if you need Windows both 7 or 8.1 are both great! I prefer 8 now that I made the jump! And lastly Welcome enjoy yourself and have fun on these forums it consists of some of the best people on here and they are all very nice except for @Admire lmfao! It's soccer dammit!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

@Wowyoshi

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($184.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($76.66 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Professional ($22.00 @ G2a.com)
Total: $791.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

This build looks good.

Just a note, the MSI 970A-G46 is a pretty low quality board.  It's essentially a G43 with a larger heatsink in an attempt to improve performance and reduce throttling.  If you ever do go with your build for some reason, pick a different board.  The Asus M5A97 R2.0 is a good board.  The Gigabyte GA-970A-Ud3P is also a good option.

Recommended edits: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nKG7pg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Question. With that build I get that the case is a bit to small for the Video card and it may need some re-adjusting, and the case doesn't have USB 3.0 ports. Is that an issue? or should I find another case?

Question. With that build I get that the case is a bit to small for the Video card and it may need some re-adjusting, and the case doesn't have USB 3.0 ports. Is that an issue? or should I find another case?

The graphics card fits just fine if you don't put hard drives where the card would be. 

Do you need front usb 3.0 ports?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Also if you need Windows both 7 or 8.1 are both great! I prefer 8 now that I made the jump! And lastly Welcome enjoy yourself and have fun on these forums it consists of some of the best people on here and they are all very nice except for @Admire lmfao! It's soccer dammit!

tumblr_l5eth2Ty5G1qzpwi0o1_250.gifsoccer-or-football_o_231720.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.