Kudoso router only allows internet access after chores

ETRJ

Kudoso allows parents to set a list of tasks that unlock minutes to be used online.

The device's makers hope to eventually incorporate fitness apps into the system to reward children who regularly exercise.

One parenting expert told the BBC she thought the technology "seems a bit over the top".

Parenting author Judy Reith, who runs parentingpeople.co.uk, said concern was growing about internet use.

"I've interviewed a lot of parents," she said.

"The number one worry is technology, and that's not going to go away any time soon."

The number one worry [for parents] is technology”

But she added: "The business of this special router doing that for you seems a bit over the top for me.

"A parent's voice does carry a lot of power even if the parents don't feel it does. They should set up firm but fair rules about all kind of things, including internet usage."

Mrs Reith said as well as monitoring children's internet use, it was important parents considered their own as well.

More information at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28125336

Inb4 kids rage at the idea of losing their freedoms and not being able to use the internet whenever they want.

As a future parent, I want this. Or, at the very least, to be able to do traffic shaping within my house (can be done already with different equipment).

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

considering that my exercise bike acts as a generator and makes electricity when you use it,  I thought of hooking it up to a UPS and hook that up to my computer. and theres a 42 inch tv right infront of it. its perfect. want to web browse? you can just peddle gently because computers use what? 50 watts at idle? maybe ill under-clock my computer to use less power, looks worse but wouldn't have to peddle as much.

want to game at ultra? better peddle! peddling hard, I can get it to a constant 230-250 watts. 

considering that my exercise bike acts as a generator and makes electricity when you use it,  I thought of hooking it up to a UPS and hook that up to my computer. and theres a 42 inch tv right infront of it. its perfect. want to web browse? you can just peddle gently because computers use what? 50 watts at idle? maybe ill under-clock my computer to use less power, looks worse but wouldn't have to peddle as much.

want to game at ultra? better peddle! peddling hard, I can get it to a constant 230-250 watts. 

Could always make a nice rig with a maxwell 750 ti and an i3 - T SKU , then at Idle you would be at like 15-20w idle

Could always make a nice rig with a maxwell 750 ti and an i3 - T SKU , then at Idle you would be at like 15-20w idle

yeah, but isnt it a cool concept? the more you want to game, and the better you want to game, the harder you have to work.

p90x? pft. get crossfire/sli

As a future parent, I want this. Or, at the very least, to be able to do traffic shaping within my house (can be done already with different equipment).

just block there mac address until they do there chores :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

For those that are terrified by this know that there is always a way around such things. No system is unbreakable :ph34r:

Whatever happened to the good ole' spanking if they don't do their chores? lol

Why not take the laptop/desktop/device from them until they learn to respect you and do the chores without a stupid reward system? Why are children so spoiled these days? -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Whatever happened to the good ole' spanking if they don't do their chores? lol

Why not take the laptop/desktop/device from them until they learn to respect you and do the chores without a stupid reward system? Why are children so spoiled these days? -_-

The parents before them were spoiled rotten, so they are merely passing it onto the kids. Watch me get flamed after this, but, todays' kids have no respect for authority.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

The parents before them were spoiled rotten, so they are merely passing it onto the kids. Watch me get flamed after this, but, todays' kids have no respect for authority.

I think it also stems from parents being to liberal these days. They refuse to punish their kids in any fashion and decide to just sit on their hands and hope that their kids won't be so shitty rude and disrespectful towards people and authority outside of the household. When most of the time, they couldn't care less about it. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |