first job anxiety.

Kyuubixchidori

hey everyone!

so in 2 and a half hours I start my first job. good old McDonald. I tried to get a job at costco and Verizon store, but neither where hiring. so taking the easy option here. But I don't know. Getting really anxious, when my job will be either giving change, and/or taking orders. and i built a pc, so using a labeled touchscreen can not be that difficult. 

anyone work there have any advice? or similar stories with first jobs?

When I got my first job, the first day I arrived 10 minutes early so I sat in my truck, waiting for a manager to open the store.

A couple minutes in, my stomach started grumbling (like I had to take a gigantic deuce) and I yelled in my truck "ARE YOU F****** KIDDING ME". I ate nothing that would do that to me, I made sure in fear that would happen.

I prayed to GabeN for it to go away, and by the time a manager pulled into the parking lot it was gone.

#valvelujah

It'll be easy, try not to be too much of a dick, and some customers will be bitches.

haha in my first job I arrivied 1 hour early (duh) and wait to my boss...

Good luck =)

$work == true;

Keep calm, Touch screen POS systems are pretty self explanatory, and make sure to give the right change as a till being over or under at cash drop time can be a problem. Customers will be customers so expect a few to be less than gracious if something takes longer than a fully experienced person. 

yeah. its just interesting because 2 years ago I moved here, yeah the schools are better, but its the most white upper class "I'm better then you" attitude of a place i ever seen. the manager is really nice, but the customers are just going to be "wonderful". I'm already mentally preparing myself for dicks. 

i cant even get job at mc...

Your pretty much hired on the spot no matter what. so if you didnt get a job, its because the position was already taken. mc has such a high turnover rate, that you could try again next week and end up getting the job

I don't work there... but here's some advice.  Keep your work area clean and neat.  Do not let others make messes at a place that serves food.  And report anything to the health department that looks like it would, or could get the public sick.  I eat at MacDonalds sometimes... and I always pray that it is clean back in the places we can't see.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

I don't work there... but here's some advice.  Keep your work area clean and neat.  Do not let others make messes at a place that serves food.  And report anything to the health department that looks like it would, or could get the public sick.  I eat at MacDonalds sometimes... and I always pray that it is clean back in the places we can't see.

ah. my mcdonalds is a smaller store, but its rather high end as far as mcdonalds go. for the training videos that i was in back for, its tight and cramped, but Id gladly still eat there after seeing food being prepared there. I cant say the same for some other mcdonalds though. 

If it makes you feel better, the boxes that the hamburgers come in say 100% beef on them:D

Well thanks, I'm glad it's beef.  Here's some advice to keep anxiety back, when I get anxious at work I just like to organize stuff or clean it.  It helps keep your mind off the things that would cause your anxiety.  And don't stare at peoples asses too.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

You'll do good , Just stay awesome.

Details separate people.

And don't stare at peoples asses too.

people might laugh at that, but its a serious issue. and now that its summer? yeah good luck. 

and yeah, I hope I get to clean the lobby. its easy and calming

You'll do good , Just stay awesome.

I'm extremely competitive, but like in a joking way. I'm not going to be a dick about it, but I just try to look at it as, if I have to be a cashier, or flip burgers, Im going to be the best f***ing burger flipper out there.

Most jobs have pretty extensive training, particularly entry level jobs: you'll find out they'll make it extra easy since they want you to do everything exactly the same, down to what you say to each customer (The specific words in fact, asking you to memorize a specific script and answer for everything) time after time after time. You'll master most things within days, the basics within the first couple of hours in fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What I do when I'm worried about something, just embrace it. Walk in there with your head held and make that register your bitch. 

All you got to do.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

update. so it wasn't bad, I only had to work for a hour and a half. my trainer was a friend I known for close to 4 years. so that was great, and I spent 3 hours afterwards hanging out with friends/people who work their after my shift

and apparently if you work 4 hours, you have to take a 35 minute somewhere in there by law. hell yeah. 

took all of 15 minutes to learn 90% of the POS (point of sale, the machine isnt that bad:P) system. I was working drive though, taking orders like a boss, only time I messed up was when there was a grandma that couldnt talk, and a diesel truck in the lane next to her. 

load trucks make a old ladys voice coming over a craptastic mic hard to hear.