Upgrading PC soon, should I go intel?

Go to solution Solved by GrievingJosh,

I've used amd cpu's for a long time now, simply because it's been the cheaper solution. I am currently running a 6300 with an old gigabyte motherboard that needs an upgrade anyways. Should I stick with the 6300, and go with a newer am3+ board, or go with a pentium g3258 and switch to an LGA 1150 board? Any other suggestions for Intel between 100-150 would be nice as well. 

I'd just go with the newer AM3+ board, the 6300 isn't a slow CPU by any stretch of the imagination.

I've used amd cpu's for a long time now, simply because it's been the cheaper solution. I am currently running a 6300 with an old gigabyte motherboard that needs an upgrade anyways. Should I stick with the 6300, and go with a newer am3+ board, or go with a pentium g3258 and switch to an LGA 1150 board? Any other suggestions for Intel between 100-150 would be nice as well. 

SYSTEM: AMD FX-6300, 8GB Corsair Vengeance ram, Gigabyte Windforce 760, 1TB HDD, CoolerMaster HAF 912 case, Hyper 212 evo w/ Noctua.

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014, Zowie FK1, ASUS 1080p monitor, Sennheiser HD 558. 

I'd just go with the newer AM3+ board, the 6300 isn't a slow CPU by any stretch of the imagination.

The FX-6300 is simply a superior chip to the G3258. Don't get me wrong, G3258 is the best chip on the market in terms of value for performance, but it'd really be a downgrade in most applications. I'd just get a nice new motherboard :)

HAPPY!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Thanks for the help! I really like the FX 6300 so far, I just wasnt sure if the g3258 would be any better.

SYSTEM: AMD FX-6300, 8GB Corsair Vengeance ram, Gigabyte Windforce 760, 1TB HDD, CoolerMaster HAF 912 case, Hyper 212 evo w/ Noctua.

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014, Zowie FK1, ASUS 1080p monitor, Sennheiser HD 558. 

If that's your budget. AMD CPU's have a high TDP so you aren't saving an money in the long run.

HAPPY!

i was thinking of that the whole time 

and yeah its kind of a downgrade 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||