LG G3 Review and.... TWENTY-FIVE Phone Giveaway?!

Do first off , HEY LINUS. Now that i got that out of the way.

Many people have not mentioned the laser auto focus , i think this is the greats thing added to the G3. Coming from a Samsung galaxy S2 the focus time is incomprehensibly fast.

On top of that 3000Mah Batty that is replace about could keep me going a full day of use at school , between taking notes and homework task on my S2 it burns faster then you think.

As for the screen , most people will not be able to tell the difference and i am betting i cant either , but at least they are pushing technology forward.  

I love how it has excellent specs (dat screen) while keeping a removable battery, wireless charging and a SD card slot, all while looking very nice.

TL:DR. no compromise design.

I'd be interested to know what LG has implemented to combat the drain on the battery life that the super-high-resolution screen must have.

Anyways, my favorite feature is probably the ability to customize the user interface, especially the software buttons on the bottom. Much better than being stuck to something like Touchwiz.

Thanks for the review!

My favorite part of the G3 from the video is the 4k video Recording! that is awesome!!  :)

The best thing about this has to be the UI.

Vanilla Android OS is a must have when it come to performance and a 'clean' feel to the interface, however it is a little too basic.
Because of this point, I tend to use a custom rom on most of my phones, favorite being Paranoid Android with its 'Pie Launcher' and notification overlay allowing a much more user friendly way to hide and recall your navigation buttons.

LG have managed to combine all the custom settings of all the custom roms and even add innovative ones of their own to this new version delivering as much choice to their customer base as possible.

this is what the world needs more of, unlike IOS where everything has to be one way or go buy another phone and don't be 'cool' like 'the rest of us'.

Obviously, here, i'm not just talking about Apple OS because pretty much every OS struggles in the area of user customization to the point that you can change the audio output for people who are hard of hearing in one ear!

OK! the phone is a beast with the hardware specs. the slow performance probably spawns from the OS and how poorly optimized it is (Sorry LG, if you are reading, but you can't deny that there is always room for more optimization) BUT, the fact still remains;

The UI is the start of something better to come.

Android started without a camera app on the Tmobile G1 by HTC (I'm from the UK) and in less than 10 years, Android holds the biggest market share.

This UI is here today with these options in the consumers hands. where will this take us 10 years from now? 

LTT 4 lyfe

I would just Love the 3000 mAh battery.

And it's my birthday today :)

Keep up the good work Linus Team, Thx for all the vids.

Ben

My favorite thing about the G3 is the screen with its high resolution and minimal bezels.  Thanks for hosting this giveaway!

My favourite parts of the phone are the cool folding animations in home launcher!

My fav part is how the side buttons has changed to rear of the phone and also the stock UI 

Lovin that 1440p screen! Hopefully Ill get to try it out!

The LG Android GUI that comes with the phone is my favourite thing about it. I don't feel like I would have to root and replace the GUI on this phone. It feels like it is that right mix of customization that I have wanted for a long time, without haveing to go through the truble of rooting and possibly messing up my phone, while still haveing "control" over things!

Also, the camera feels like it might be worth it to actually take photos with, big plus for me.

My favorite part is the knock code feature.  :D 

My favorite part of the phone would have to be the buttons on the back.

I always accidentally click the buttons when they're on the side and the massive 2560x1440 screen.

Of course the screen! You can alwas fix the colors with root and some hacking, but you can't add pixels :)

I love the back bottons and the highly customisable UI, thumbs up for the screen

Great Review, glad I found you on youtube. :ph34r:

My favorite part of the phone is the buttons in the back! You have no idea how many times I have pressed them just holding my phone and not to mention when i pass my phone to someone to check out a video or picture and they press the power button! :o 

My favourite thing about the G3 is the metallic look that it has i realy like it.

I am suprised that they managed to pack that resolution into a phone that size, even with tiny bezels! I like the clean look and the buttons on the back, I think it's a step in the right direction.

In programming there are only two really hard problems:
Naming things, cache invalidation and off-by-one errors.

Having had the LG optimus G Pro for awhile i really love the way LG goes about doing things, the phone seems very user friendly and that display is gorgeous

There can't be only one favorite thing with this phone. The buttons on the back, the 1440p display, removable battery AND the SD-card slot. It's just one amazing phone. 

I like the 5.5 inch display, and I am very curious as to how functional the buttons on the back is in daily use.

My favorite thing about G3 is that big screen. I like the new resolution, and those tiny bezels.

No side buttons are a plus as well, and i also like the thing i complain the most - adjustable keyboard ( that should be an industry standard!)

My favorite thing about this phone is clearly the massive 2560 X 1440 display... Man that's amazing!!!

Love the thin bezels and screen res! The software tweaks are awesome too!

The 4K camera and the 1440P screen, SO MANY PIXLES!!!