Need watercooling bad...

I'm running stock cooling on an FX 6300, and I hate it. My cpu fan goes nuts the instant i turn my computer on, and its so loud that it irritates my friends that I play with online. I was planning on getting watercooling anyhow, and this just gives me one more good reason to do so. I have $120 to spend, so what is a good cooler that will be adequate for this cpu? I plan on switching over to intel at some point in the future so I want to be able to move it to that rig. And that's about my only requirement. Size is no issue, it can be as large as need be, although if you can recommend one that isn't extremely thick I'd be grateful. I plan on O.C. at some point to, so I want plenty of headroom for that.

Edited by evilmeister13

Just get a Noctua cooler and save yourself the money.

Just get a Noctua cooler and save yourself the money.

I was wanting water cooling because I plan to overclock, forgot to mention that.

H110

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Fixed that for you :)

Esqueeze me but sir, those are louder than a child. :P

H100i. You could get slightly better performance from the H110 but the h100i looks really nice

H100i. You could get slightly better performance from the H110 but the h100i looks really nice

how long are the tubes?

Esqueeze me but sir, those are louder than a child. :P

They are quieter than the Noctuas... The Dark Rock 3 Pro is quieter than the NH D14... So it's good looking and relatively easy to fit, but how loud is it.  Well for once we can genuinely say the clue's in the name.  It really is very quiet indeed.  In fact we'd go as far as to say it's one of the quietest coolers we've ever tested, and yes, that does include the Noctuas and yes we do mean the D14 also.  We test all our coolers at the full twelve volts, and where some AIOs may be screaming like a Sharon on a Saturday night the Pro 3 was as quiet as a peado in a Barney suite.

They are quieter than the Noctuas... The Dark Rock 3 Pro is quieter than the NH D14... So it's good looking and relatively easy to fit, but how loud is it.  Well for once we can genuinely say the clue's in the name.  It really is very quiet indeed.  In fact we'd go as far as to say it's one of the quietest coolers we've ever tested, and yes, that does include the Noctuas and yes we do mean the D14 also.  We test all our coolers at the full twelve volts, and where some AIOs may be screaming like a Sharon on a Saturday night the Pro 3 was as quiet as a peado in a Barney suite.

Sarcasm was lost, back to my dark corner I go

In theory yes, but between the crappy Corsair link software and the octopus of cables that comes out of the CPU block, I think an H110 is a better option.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Sarcasm was lost, back to my dark corner I go

You do that. :) 

I'm running stock cooling on an FX 6300, and I hate it. My cpu fan goes nuts the instant i turn my computer on, and its so loud that it irritates my friends that I play with online. I was planning on getting watercooling anyhow, and this just gives me one more good reason to do so. I have $120 to spend, so what is a good cooler that will be adequate for this cpu? I plan on switching over to intel at some point in the future so I want to be able to move it to that rig. And that's about my only requirement. Size is no issue, it can be as large as need be, although if you can recommend one that isn't extremely thick I'd be grateful. I plan on O.C. at some point to, so I want plenty of headroom for that.

it all depends on how much you want to overclock. i had a hyper T4 and it got me to 4ghz on air cooling but if you plan on cooling your gpu as well then custom loop is the only way and thats what i done. i got 4.5ghz and i dont even hit 55 degrees on a australian summer day

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02