Halo 1 Remake for PC?

cluelessgenius

So i heared there already was a anniversary edition launched 2011 for xbox360 but int hte last few weeks i heared rumors about it coming for pc so i would like to know if one of you knew if its true or not?

is there a remake of halo 1 coming for pc?

if so when?

i personnaly loved halo 1. my buddys and i used to play it almost 24/7 at times. the multiplayer was really fun.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

So i heared there already was a anniversary edition launched 2011 for xbox360 but int hte last few weeks i heared rumors about it coming for pc so i would like to know if one of you knew if its true or not?

is there a remake of halo 1 coming for pc?

if so when?

i personnaly loved halo 1. my buddys and i used to play it almost 24/7 at times. the multiplayer was really fun.

Probably not because ms isn't giving a damn shit about pc gaming these days.

Probably not because ms isn't giving a damn shit about pc gaming these days.

ohh man.. why you stomp on my dreams? id really love halo 1 with updated graphics.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

ohh man.. why you stomp on my dreams? id really love halo 1 with updated graphics.

It's MS stomping on your dreams... and everyone elses

Well ms is saying they want to do more for PC gaming and they unrelieved the halo remakes for the new consoles so we can only hope that they realise how much money putting it on PC would make :) but we can only hope as ms seem to have no idea :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I would too. The gameplay was great, and the music very memorable.  I remember how intense it was trying to play through on legendary. Never did finish it on legendary.

However I felt that after a certain point the game lost it's quality. The level design became bad, and they were just copying and pasting the same rooms and throwing hordes of flood at you.

I would too. The gameplay was great, and the music very memorable.  I remember how intense it was trying to play through on legendary. Never did finish it on legendary.

However I felt that after a certain point the game lost it's quality. The level design became bad, and they were just copying and pasting the same rooms and throwing hordes of flood at you.

dont remind me of that i hate those f*ckers, the flood used to really creep me out back in the day. maybe because as you said the music underlining was soo great and created a lot atmosphere.

you should blame ms for caring more about consoles releases and millions of sales than PCs!

you should blame ms for caring more about consoles releases and millions of sales than PCs!

i see your point and it makes me sad :(

The irony is that it's their own bloody platform- Windows.

They refuse to support their own operating system. :mellow: . While thousands of 3rd party game devs do so.

The problem is that they view their own platform (windows pc) as competition for the xbox. If they release Halo for PC they will make certainly more money from sales of the game.

But they want to use Halo as an exclusive; as a marketing tool to sell more consoles; which they figure will allow them to make more money from other devs sales.

If Microsoft, rather than Valve had come up with the idea for Steam, then things would have been different. Then they would have found it easier to support PC because would have had a direct monetization strategy for PC games.

As far as we know, Microsoft has no plans to release any new Halo games for PC.

However, someone is remaking Halo: CE for PC: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/29emh9/hey_im_the_guy_that_was_talking_about_the/

And his main thread: http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/2239-halo-revolution-beta/

343 has addressed the interest, but as previously mentioned, they have no plans in the near future unfortunately. You'll have to rely on mods in the meantime.

there are mods for halo 1?

This Topic reminds me of DMC reboot when a white wig lands on Dantes head and Dante is like" Not in a million years" That's what Microsoft is telling PC gamers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

i am sure modders will remake even better than anniversary edition it is using the same engine anyways

There's a team called custom mapping team working on a modded campaign that looks really promising. So far they've released one level for the public to preview, Truth and Reconciliation.