Laptop for college

KieranJones212

Hi guys I'm stating college in about 2 months and I need a good laptop but It need to be nice and thin. I have been looking at macbook airs but Meh I'm a windows guy 

Have you considered an Ultrabook yet? Those things are light, powerful, extremely thin, and of course, run Windows.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Have you considered an Ultrabook yet? Those things are light, powerful, extremely thin, and of course, run Windows.

Got any you could recommend >?

The Dell XPS 11 is on sale for about $699 and it has a core i5 and an ssd.

Life.exe is missing

If you could pick up a Sony VAIO Flip before they are all gone for good, they have great battery life and a nice keyboard and display. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Well I walked by the Microsoft store last week and they kept trying to sell me their Surface Pro 3.. They said it's decent for post-secondary so I guess that's an option. 

Surface Pro 3

A personal suggestion of my own is the ASUS Vivobook (what NannerBeans said) but they do go cheaper during a sale but your choice.

ASUS Vivobook

My bro loves his Yoga, Personally I plan on getting a Thinkpad version  late this year, though it is pricier. The Yoga does the whole "flip into a tablet" thing if you care about that. Plus it's an ultra-book, so all the regular thin, light, battery life, ssd, blah blah blah stuff.

FYI for you and any other students in Canada, if you get one of those SPC cards (think they cost $10) you get a pretty nice discount on most Lenovo stuff, my brother saved $200 on his.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

First of all, what will you be doing with it? Just web browsing and the occasional Microsoft Office?

Also, budget?

I would recommend the MSI GS series laptops: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS70_STEALTH.html#hero-overview

five_pictures5_2900_20130711163033.png

It's about almost 0.80" thick, but comes with a i7 and either a GTX 860m or 870m. It comes in a 15.6" screen or a 17.3". I would recommend the MSI GS60 with a GTX860m: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152567&cm_re=MSI_GS-_-34-152-567-_-Product

Of course it's expensive(~$1700), but for college and mobile gaming, it's great.