Should i get The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Nasirdude3211
Go to solution Solved by Bluuz,

Skyrim and Witcher 2 are two very different games.

Skyrim is a sandbox, open world "do whatever you want" sort of game

Witcher 2 is a mature and focused decision/story driven game that demands you keep track of all the characters and their allegiances. 

Definitely worth your $4.

Should i get it or nah? lol...

My Skyrim shat out on me and won't work :( and i liked it so should i get The witcher 2 from steam for $4?

Witcher 2 is a mature and focused decision/story driven game that demands you keep track of all the characters and their allegiances. 

I just had a little witcher 2 sesh and I can say I'm bloody confused. It's not a casual game. I think you need to be awake to keep track of everything that's going on

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I've not yet finished W2 myself, but it's a great game. It's from a smaller studio, and it's a bit rough around the edges - I came across a lot of graphical glitches, it frequently uses QTEs and the inability to jump leaves one wanting for more, but the combat is really really good. It's fast-paced and challenging and there's decent room to diversify your character via the perk tree.

The world is very pretty, but not very open, at least not like Skyrim. There are side quests within the regions you go to, but again, it's not like Skyrim.

The story is, so far for me, excellent. It's gripping and powerful and genuinely interesting unlike Skyrim's.

I love TES, but I wish their storywriting was a bit better, and I wish they could make a moderately challenging game. I wish The Witcher 2 was set in the world of Tamriel. If only...

TL;DR - buy W2, mechanics + story = great game.

I'm wondering the same thing except with Dragon Age Origins.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Absolutely yes, excellent game.

I just had a little witcher 2 sesh and I can say I'm bloody confused. It's not a casual game. I think you need to be awake to keep track of everything that's going on

I've not yet finished W2 myself, but it's a great game. It's from a smaller studio, and it's a bit rough around the edges - I came across a lot of graphical glitches, it frequently uses QTEs and the inability to jump leaves one wanting for more, but the combat is really really good. It's fast-paced and challenging and there's decent room to diversify your character via the perk tree.

The world is very pretty, but not very open, at least not like Skyrim. There are side quests within the regions you go to, but again, it's not like Skyrim.

The story is, so far for me, excellent. It's gripping and powerful and genuinely interesting unlike Skyrim's.

I love TES, but I wish their storywriting was a bit better, and I wish they could make a moderately challenging game. I wish The Witcher 2 was set in the world of Tamriel. If only...

TL;DR - buy W2, mechanics + story = great game.

yesyes yes one of my favs

Thanks! Just started the download!

It's a crappy game. I don't like it. Poor story line and the engine sucks.