How good are the cameras on satellites in space?

LarsReviews

Today I went in the bathtub, because I was to tired to shower. Over the bathtub is a window in the ceiling, watching the sky is really relaxing. So I started thinking if satellites could see me, while I am in the bathtub. Right after that thought. I closed the blinds on the window.

Now to the question, can satellite cameras see me naked in the bathtub?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The fbi and nsa has seen you naked since you were born. You're always being watched...always.... ALWAYS

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

That's how I left the bathroom

mqdefault.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Depends on the satellite, Hubble Telescope for example is a horrible spy camera as noted in this XKCD what if question, https://what-if.xkcd.com/32/

Today I went in the bathtub, because I was to tired to shower. Over the bathtub is a window in the ceiling, watching the sky is really relaxing. So I started thinking if satellites could see me, while I am in the bathtub. Right after that thought. I closed the blinds on the window.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Probably. Does it matter? No because you'll never know it and they won't even dream about publishing pictures of a random guy because it would be like openly admitting they're spying people. So don't think about it, it makes no difference to your life.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

depends.. are you a terrorist? (probably because you're a terror in review section) :P

on a serious not , right now , they cannot ,because of the vertical allignment from the satelites at any given hour, unless you have a hole in your roof or likes to take bath outside, you can lookup reconnaissance footage from satelites to get a better idea, as for now heat detecting radars is the most efficient way to see through walls , & even this only gives out ike a huge pixelated image, but it can detect if it's aman or a woman through other analytical tech like sound capture that can analyse pitch frequency of your voice & match you to a certain criteria & tag with your vocal signature from your carrier to confirm etc.. after all..you don't go to war with only one sword

Details separate people.

O__O go on google earth or maps and switch to satellite mode and type in your address. If you see your tub, satellites can see your donger.

depends.. are you a terrorist? (probably because you're a terror in review section) :P

My reviews are so awesome, they always terrify the people at Linus Media Group. (I know, my videos aren't that great, I just do it for fun)

O__O go on google earth or maps and switch to satellite mode and type in your address. If you see your tub, satellites can see your donger.

I just tried that on google and then on bing maps and got this...

funny-man-eating-his-cereals-bath-bathtu

FU**, they know everything!

I used to do loads of research on spy satellites when I was writing fiction, so I know a fair bit.

Short answer: No, cameras in space are not yet powerful enough to see you in the bath.

On your average satellite (also depends on altitude, obviously a lower orbit will make the picture marginally crisper) a house will be rendered as 4-6 pixels. Seriously, they're not that powerful at all. The picture is usually black-and-white as well.

The really crisp high-res pictures you see on Google Earth are taken from low-flying aircraft. It's only the blurry images that are taken from space. So, the only way they will see you is if a low-flying plane equipped with expensive cameras happens to fly over your house.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

There's cameras that take the pictures we see on IMAX films about space, but then again NASA sent out some satellites with really nothing but a Nexus S on board. So it varies.

"Rawr XD"