Help with Asus Transformer TF101

bcredeur97

My Friend has an ASUS Transformer TF101 tablet running a beta version of Ubuntu for tablets. He finds the beta quite aggravating so he wants to take it off. We booted his device up into TWRP recovery mode and connected it to the computer so we could transfer Android Roms back to the device. Our problem is when we connect the device, it fails each time to install the Android MTP Device drivers. We have the driver located on the computer(comes with ASUS Sync Software) but we cannot connect his device to transfer files. Please Help!!

UPDATE: We've tried two different PC's and still have the same issue:(

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

If it has a SD slot, you could toss the ROM onto a card and then install it from there.

If it has a SD slot, you could toss the ROM onto a card and then install it from there.

It does have an SD card slot, but the problem is we do not have an SD card and we are unable to get one as of this moment.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

boot into ubuntu and download or copy over lan and then reboot into recovery and flash

or

use nvflash

the problem is the android for the TF-series is actually a large file, i had this problem after going back from windows RT on my TF300T the sd card dose not think what i had to do is brick the device and go on a frustrating 8 hour series of downloads and reinstals of 4.2