I can't decide on dye or colored tubing!

So I hear everywhere that dyed coolant builds up in the CPU block and making it almost impossible to clean out staining tubing and possibly the reservoir. But with colored tubing, it can look tacky inside the reservoir (which would be in plain sight for my build) and would require some bright white led's to spark its color up a bit. Hell, the guy that even said that dye is a pain in the ass to clean out and had to buy all new parts was JayzTwoCents himself. Yet his current build has orange coolant... hmm...

Am I missing something here? Are there any coolants that don't gunk up and stain so easily?

you are missing something. your maintenance schedule will determine how gunked

up the system can get on prolonged periods of neglect. after time and temperature,

the dyes (powder) separates and settles in the tiny cooling slots and low-lying areas

and can be a major ordeal to remove if a color change or sale of parts is done.

usually no true method of removing color coolant from a used part. several members

have gone through this and rue the day they even started using a color coolant.

there are many ways to "tint" the reservoir for color effect. window tint, color films and

transparencies can be wrapped around the tube or res window for the color effect.

the LED can shine through helping the effect of color.

So what would be the best or ideal way of cleaning out the system if I chose a good coolant. Anything you could recommend please?

So what would be the best or ideal way of cleaning out the system if I chose a good coolant. Anything you could recommend please?

If you flush it out and replace the coolant every 8-12 months, you won't have a problem if you're staying with the same colour.

Be aware that red UV will stain like a mofo.

a member just went through a white coolant refill after a purple and extensively flushed

and rinsed and flushed and still had residue tinting the brand new white. no guaranty

that there won;t be any residual left and there is not product that does remove old dye

coolant other than replacement with new parts.