I am a bit stupid, forgive me.

Quantzer

Recently my only fan broke(stock one)so I need to update my cooling,because of overheating issues. I don't want to get water cooling because I am not planing to overclock anything(yet). But what I do want to get is decent air cooling. I don't know much about fans so I need your help. I was looking at corsairs fans but as I already mentioned I am stupid in this segment so I need your recommendations. I know I need to look RPM and CFM but I don't know what are avarage numbers on that. So I need your recommendations of fans. I don't want to spend more than 80$ on few fans. And I don't know how many fans I need I was thinking about 2-3? And can you also recommend a CPU fan replacement(i5 4670k). And how should I mount my fans and power supply which of them should suck air out and which of them should push air in. I am not sure about size of fans I need so can someone tell me how to measure that?

Thank you for your reply.

I KNOW I WROTE MUCH AND THERE ARE LAZY PEOPLE BUT PLEASE HELP.

THAAAAAANKS!!

Edit: Which software is used to control fans?? For those of you who dont know RPM stands for rotations per minute and CFM stands for cubic feetn per minute(airflow). And would you mind answering all of my questions.

I'd say the most "common" fan RPM is around 1200-2000 but if you want some truly quiet ones they tend to be around 800 RPM or less, could of course get PWM ones for precise speed controls, I'll leave the other questions for others :P

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

I'd say the most "common" fan RPM is around 1200-2000 but if you want some truly quiet ones they tend to be around 800 RPM or less, could of course get PWM ones for precise speed controls, I'll leave the other questions for others :P

Own stands for?? And thanks man.

Own stands for?? And thanks man.

PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation.

It essentially means your Fan controller (be it external or on your mobo) will have more control over your fans and will be able to ramp up/down with temperature increases and decreases.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Edit: Which software is used to control fans?? For those of you who dont know RPM stands for rotations per minute and CFM stands for cubic feetn per minute(airflow). And would you mind answering all of my questions.

Care to tell me which case you have?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

The Hyper 212 (evo or x, doesn't really matter) is a great cooler that you'll be able to pump some overclocking out of down the road if you want and it's cheap.

This should serve you well enough. If you need anything better than that you could get the Performance Edition, which basically just has a higher RPM, making it more noisy but better performing.

The good brands that I know of (just off the top of my head) are usually Noctua, Corsair, Gelid, Scythe, Noiseblocker and Silverstone, but there's plenty of great fans around by other companies too.

Edit: Edits because i cant read yo

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Snip

What country are you in?

As for fans I always say get noiseblocker E-loops if you can afford them, if not noctua's come second (of course), if they are out of our price range, silverstone air penetrators, rosewell hyperborea's.

As for CPU coolers the 212 evo is the best for you as it is very quiet, very cheap and perform brilliantly. This will allow you to get a modest overclock in the future.

Also if you buy PWM fans (4pin) you can plug them into your motherboard and configure them in the BIOS to automatically control the fan. (The CPU fan is a 4 pin and is already set up, so that takes no tinkering). However if you buy 3 pin fans you will need to control the rpm buy changing the voltages, a fan controller is the easiest way.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Thank you Guys I decided to get 212evo for CPU, I bave CM storm k350 Case. But I still don't know what fans should I get and how many od them and which way to mount them

I agree with Kloaked, Most motherboard support running a case fan or two off it, or you can just run them off molex at a lower speed. The AF Corsairs are case fans, your case supports four or five 120mm fans. You can also run SP fans as case fans also, and they come in a two pack. I used these to make a laptop cooler and they kickass but they are rather loud unless your run them at half speed ( check your bios for that ).

I'd have your PSU draw air from the bottom if you have your case on the desk or a hard surface. if it is on carpet have the PSU upside down drawing air from the inside of the case. Then you'll just mount 120mm case fans in the front, side and bottom (optional) blowing in. Then mount case fans on the rear blowing out from your new EVO, and one exhausting out the top. Also the EVO is a great cooler for cheap.

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)

I agree with Kloaked, Most motherboard support running a case fan or two off it, or you can just run them off molex at a lower speed. The AF Corsairs are case fans, your case supports four or five 120mm fans. You can also run SP fans as case fans also, and they come in a two pack. I used these to make a laptop cooler and they kickass but they are rather loud unless your run them at half speed ( check your bios for that ).

I'd have your PSU draw air from the bottom if you have your case on the desk or a hard surface. if it is on carpet have the PSU upside down drawing air from the inside of the case. Then you'll just mount 120mm case fans in the front, side and bottom (optional) blowing in. Then mount case fans on the rear blowing out from your new EVO, and one exhausting out the top. Also the EVO is a great cooler for cheap.

And you, thanks even more you have helped a lot!