Advice on custom loop

Hullo,

Gonna get the opportunity to do a custom loop soonish, so I would like some advice on components.

Intentions are for a relatively thin (~30mm) 280mm rad on top and relatively thick (~50mm) 360mm rad at the front. Preferably medium-high fpi.

Currently I'm thinking of Koolance and/or Alphacool rads without a specific model in mind, and silverstone ap 123 and ap 141 for their respective rads. (Noctuas not selected due to price)

The case is NZXT H440.

Components being cooled: 2x asus gtx 760, i5 4670k.

cpu waterblock: [blank], gpu waterblock: EK thermosphere

specific radiators: 280: [blank], 360: [blank]

pump: d5 variable speed pump, reservoir: [blank], coolant: probably just distilled water

tubing: clear or white, diameter: [blank]

fittings: [blank], gpu rad bridge: [blank]

I know the rads might be a bit overkill, but the space is there, why not use it?

So, as you might be able to tell, I haven't really had the opportunity to plan this very thoroughly, so I was hoping you guys could help fill in the [blank]'s

Feel free to add, remove, or change selections, but try to keep within a reasonable budget, and don't tell me to get a single more powerful gpu.

Think: parents buying as graduation gift.

I know this is asking for a lot, but help will be appreciated.

Lastly, just putting it out there, I already have a H100i, so would it be worth it to just go for a gpu loop and keep the H100i?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Are the gpus reference design? Because i can't find any 760 wb with non-ref design from asus.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Are the gpus reference design? Because i can't find any 760 wb with non-ref design from asus.

No the 760's are dcuii's, the ek thermosphere is a universal block

No the 760's are dcuii's, the ek thermosphere is a universal block

Oh, i read CPU as GPU in the OP.

I don't really like anything else but full cover waterblocks.Make sure to add some passive cooling to mosfets/vram

CPU wb that i like is the EK supremacy clean CSQ.

Rads: hardware labs black ice GT stealth 280 black 31mm thickness. koolance hx-360xc 30fpi,54mm thickness.

By gpu rad bridge you mean the connection between the 2 cards? It's just tubing connecting them.

Everything else is too personal imo.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

id rather get alphacool rads. they are superior in every way.

CPU i7 3770K@4.6Ghz Motherboard  Asus Maximus V Extreme Ram 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866Mhz GPU 3-Way Sli EVGA Gtx 780 //Core@1.2Ghz/Mem@7Ghz// PSU Corsair Ax1200i Storage OS 2xSamsung 840 Pro 128GB // 2xOCZ Vertex 4 128GB // 2xWD Red 4TB Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Steelseries Xai Cooling Custom Dual Loop Case Corsair 900D

Oh, i read CPU as GPU in the OP.

I don't really like anything else but full cover waterblocks.Make sure to add some passive cooling to mosfets/vram

CPU wb that i like is the EK supremacy clean CSQ.

Rads: hardware labs black ice GT stealth 280 black 31mm thickness. koolance hx-360xc 30fpi,54mm thickness.

By gpu rad bridge you mean the connection between the 2 cards? It's just tubing connecting them.

Everything else is too personal imo.

ooh i really like that gt stealth rad, the koolance one looks great too, except it won't be seen by anyone since it's concealed by the hdd bay cover :P

The gtx 760 unfortunately seems to fall short of the "popular-enough-enthusiast-card" category, and so manufacturers don't feel compelled to make a full block for it, and I guess they figured if someone's buying that card, it's not going to be water cooled.

The cpu block is nice too, clean and simple. 

And yeah, by "gpu rad bridge thing" I just meant what goes between the two cards, so it is possible to just link them up with compression fittings and tubing? 

ooh i really like that gt stealth rad, the koolance one looks great too, except it won't be seen by anyone since it's concealed by the hdd bay cover :P

The gtx 760 unfortunately seems to fall short of the "popular-enough-enthusiast-card" category, and so manufacturers don't feel compelled to make a full block for it, and I guess they figured if someone's buying that card, it's not going to be water cooled.

The cpu block is nice too, clean and simple. 

And yeah, by "gpu rad bridge thing" I just meant what goes between the two cards, so it is possible to just link them up with compression fittings and tubing? 

Silly EK making a full wb for the 750ti and not for he 760 .-.

You can also get a bridge for the sli config instead of tubing but i personally don't like it. With compression fittings and tubing(you can also get acrylic tubing because it's easy to connect,just a straight line) is way more pretty.

Make sure to get many angled fittings (45 degrees,90 degrees etc.) in order to not have to cross the tubings everywhere.Maybe order all the parts,design it in your mind with the right fittings and then order the fittings.

Silly EK making a full wb for the 750ti and not for he 760 .-.

You can also get a bridge for the sli config instead of tubing but i personally don't like it. With compression fittings and tubing(you can also get acrylic tubing because it's easy to connect,just a straight line) is way more pretty.

Make sure to get many angled fittings (45 degrees,90 degrees etc.) in order to not have to cross the tubings everywhere.Maybe order all the parts,design it in your mind with the right fittings and then order the fittings.

I KNOW!! what's up with that? why would they do that for a 750ti... T_T

I've been thinking about it, and I can see it being a relatively clean tubing route:p but only if i get the appropriately angled fittings :P

id rather get alphacool rads. they are superior in every way.

Nope.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

I am going to give you the benefit of doubt and say you haven't handled a Hardware Labs radiator before.

Yeah, I have to agree, Black ice rads are something else. Very good rads.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Yeah, I have to agree, Black ice rads are something else. Very good rads.

so I should definitely give the black ice rad a go?

Also, are there any brands/products to stay away from?