My New Build, thoughts?

Phenom

I probably should have came here before I ordered my pc, but after a fairly large amount of time researching and compiling thoughts and information, then refining my choices once again. I have settled on a build that I think is relatively good value, and would be classes in the 'higher' end of gaming PC's.

The parts that I have ordered are as follows: 

• Intel Core i5 4670k CPU
  • Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
  • Corsair RM750 PSU 
  • Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, 2x8GB Kit
  • NZXT H440 Blk & Red Case
  • BenQ RL2455HM 24" Gaming Monitor
  • MSi Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard
  • GTX 770, ASUS DirectCU II
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD
  • Corsair AF140 Red LED Fan

Spare Parts I'm going to use from home:

• + 1x WD Green 1TB
  • + 1x WD Black 1TB

If anyone has any critiques or just commendations about my build please let me know :)

Why did you get a gtx 770 and not a 780?  :)

EDIT: Might not be to relevant now unless you return the gtx 770 but watch: This

Redliquid~

770 was a bad choice.

Many games will be using more than 2GB of vRAM (as seen by watch dogs for example).

The r9 280x / r9 290 would've been a much better choice (280x being about the same in price and 290 only being a little more (depending where you live ofc, still 290 > 780)).

I also really feel hurt inside when people buy RM series, i don't want to see them suffer:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu

The rest is fine.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Why did you get a gtx 770 and not a 780?  :)

I wanted to subsidise money so that I could get a new monitor, playing on a 1440x900 19" monitor that doesnt have hdmi is never fun.

That is why I got the i5 instead of an i7, and thats why I got a 770 instead of 780, because the price difference was about $200

If i were you I'd get 8gb of ram and a 780 or r9 290 instead, but if you've ordered the parts already it's too late for that. It's a solid build, too bad about that gpu and the extra ram.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

770 was a bad choice.

Many games will be using more than 2GB of vRAM (as seen by watch dogs for example).

The r9 280x / r9 290 would've been a much better choice (280x being about the same in price and 290 only being a little more (depending where you live ofc, still 290 > 780)).

I also really feel hurt inside when people buy RM series, i don't want to see them suffer:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu

The rest is fine.

The RM750 and RM850 don't seem that bad compared to the 650 and 550, it seems that those two had problems seeing as they are made differently.

The RM750 and RM850 don't seem that bad compared to the 650 and 550, it seems that those two had problems seeing as they are made differently.

That's what you think. Go to the second page and scroll down to read more on those models:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu/10#post_21573254

So, are you going to send back the 770 for the 280X like i suggested? If not, i'd like to know why because next year you won't be playing AAA games @ ultra with 2GB of vRAM.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I think it would be better to spend less money on cpu cooling and more money on a GPU.
You dont need a hydro H100i unless ur planning to overclock your cpu alot. 

It seems to kind of contradict i want a good gaming pc

Redliquid~

I think it would be better to spend less money on cpu cooling and more money on a GPU.

You dont need a hydro H100i unless ur planning to overclock your cpu alot. 

It seems to kind of contradict i want a good gaming pc

And i was going to say this :)

Here is an alternative which should give you good temps and noise levels: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu12pse2

This will enable you to perhaps get a 4770k / 4790k or the r9 290.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

So, are you going to send back the 770 for the 280X like i suggested? If not, i'd like to know why because next year you won't be playing AAA games @ ultra with 2GB of vRAM.

Source? ;)

We'll be here amd you'll see that he will be playing them at ultra without any ram problems at 1080p

Phenom

8gigs instead of 16, 600watt psu instead of 750 and you could get a 290 with the same money.You should have been more careful :|

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

That's what you think. Go to the second page and scroll down to read more on those models:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu/10#post_21573254

Nah I won't send it back, I don't feel like waiting another week and a half for it to get there, then a couple days for processing, and another week and a half for the card to get to me, it's too much trouble.

Source? ;)

We'll be here amd you'll see that he will be playing them at ultra without any ram problems at 1080p

Phenom

8gigs instead of 16, 600watt psu instead of 750 and you could get a 290 with the same money.You should have been more careful :|

yeah...16 gig ram might not be uber expensive but 16 gig isnt neccesairy at all unless ur editing media. Could have saved money there to.

Redliquid~

Source? ;)

Phenom

I understand some of the parts I chose are a bit overkill, but I wanted to have parts that succeeded my current 2.5 year old laptop, it has 8GB of RAM for example. I just wanted to feel like I was making an upgrade, and not just buying another PC.

I understand some of the parts I chose are a bit overkill, but I wanted to have parts that succeeded my current 2.5 year old laptop, it has 8GB of RAM for example. I just wanted to feel like I was making an upgrade, and not just buying another PC.

That makes sense!

But you should have laid that money down on upgrading parts that you will be needing and using like your gpu and saving money on parts like

cpu, cpu cooling, ram & psu (i dont think you'll be using 750 w)

Redliquid~

Well, there is not a game right now that exceeds ~5gigs of memory. You could just buy 8gigs now and if you feel like it's not enough,adding another stick of ram is the easiest thing to do. You can't do that with the graphics card ;)

About the wattage, with everything stock,you are not going to exceed 410 watts of power on full load(I have a pretty much similar rig to yours). Even less on gaming load.So,unless you are planning for a second 770 in the future,750watts is just a waste of money.

My 2 cents.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!