Combining Dual gpu into a single GPU

Hey people!

I'm currently running a MSI geforce GTX 590 3gb GDDR5 ( 1.5 Gb in each GPU ) in my rig. And I'm not really a graphic designer or video editior and does not need Dual GPU. ( Correct me if I'm mistaken)

So therefore I was wondering if your could combine the dual GPU into one single GPU with 3gb of GDDR5, instead of having "only" 1.5gb.

I really don't use the DUAL GPU function on my GPU because I really don't need it, I'm quite the casual/medicore gamer, and I'm really more the "graphic guy" so to speak.. I luv mah fancy graphics

Hope you guys on this amazing forum can help me out :)!

( I know it was a little mistake for me to get a 590 back then... But back then ( 2 years ago ) I was a little obnoxious little 14 year old who just wanted a good pc. Now don't get me wrong, my rig is decent despite its age, and can run most new games on high settings with a decent 60-75fps )

Does not work like that, you can choose not to use the 2 GPUs but you can't combine the 2 without going Frankenstein.
You know there's 2 GPUs on the card right, nVidia not virtualising 2 GPUs on 1 physical GPU?

Eddyall, alright thanks for the fast respond :)

And darksoulinside, my monitor resolution is 1920x1020 x 60 hertz :)

You can't combine the GPU's to get 3gb of memory. You can disable one and but you still would only get 1.5gb of vram.

The card itself with both GPU's isn't even 3gb it's actually 1.5gb effective, because you can only use as much as what is dedicated to 1 GPU which in this case is 1.5gb but they market it as 3gb because physically it has 3gb on it but can only use 1.5gb dedicated to 1 GPU.

By disabling it will save you some power but will just give you less performance :P

Just Google 590 how to disable GPU I'm sure you'll find an easy tutorial ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Currently I'm "only" running at 1.5gb of vram at the moment :) And I do know how to make it run at only 1 gpu, but thanks for the responce anyway, I feel so much smarter now ;)!