headphones modding, bass boost-help

Perovic95

Hello,i got sennheiser hd 201,and they sound rly good for price,but 1 huge problem is missing bass. Is there any ideas how to improve that? 

I was thinking about make holes on that silver thing on side and put make something like tunnel to the drivers. Also will damping help? Or new cables and connectors? 

Any idea is helpfull,specially if someone can give me some pictures (please dont say me to buy new headphones, I dont have money to buy expensive headphones to play with).

Thanks

those headphones just dont have much bass the only thing you could do is go into the EQ and up the bass but that will just make the music sound duller.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Modifying speakers when you know what you're doing is one thing but modifying headphones is down right stupid. I've got a pair of 201's in my hands right now and there is no way you could modify these. They're too open for any real modification to take effect anyway. The silver plastic cover is just a cover, not a part of the drivers mounting or construction. I've just taken them apart now and I see no way to modify them. :)

+1 can't change things

monster aka beats would have you believe that new cables will produce dramatic changes in sound but they wont for that headphone. yes, oxygen free cables will help audio but only for more sensitive equipment. 

you might look at getting more seal or more pressure out of the earcups whether by adding material to the stuffing or changing the earcup material to less permeable material. 

Hello,i got sennheiser hd 201,and they sound rly good for price,but 1 huge problem is missing bass. Is there any ideas how to improve that? 

I was thinking about make holes on that silver thing on side and put make something like tunnel to the drivers. Also will damping help? Or new cables and connectors? 

Any idea is helpfull,specially if someone can give me some pictures (please dont say me to buy new headphones, I dont have money to buy expensive headphones to play with).

Thanks

If you want to improve the bass, consider investing in a better pair of headphones. I'm not sure about what your budget is but I've heard a LOT about IE8s with their incredible bass and soundstage.