Computer Build need help!

Hi, its my first post here and I am currently trying to put together a decent gaming rig for my friend with a budget of £1000 or $1699 I have put together a simple spec already but needed help as i am relatively new to building PC's and wasn't sure whether the computer parts all work together or if there was any better options for the systems thanks in advance - Katarnar

SPEC

-Arctic Blue 850W Quad Rail ATX PSU 8 Pin Sata PCI-E Quite Power Supply

-Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch basic SATA Solid State Drive 

WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

-Intel Core i5 4440 Quad Core CPU Retail (Socket 1150, 3.10GHz, 6MB 83W, Extended memory 64 Technoloyu, Execute Disable Bit

-Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound-

-Corsair CW 9060007-WW Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120mm Rad All-In-One Liquid CPU cooler

-Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Motherboard (Socket 1150, Z87 Express, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, Haswell, Supports 4thGeneration IntelCore Processors, GIGABYTE UEFI Dual BIOS)

-G.Skill Ripjaws-X Main Memory 8GB 2133 MHz 240-pin 4GB CL9 DIMM DDR3 RAM Kit

-Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780 OC 3GB Fan PCI-E Graphics Card

-Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case (ATX, M-ATX, Supports Bottom PSU Installation and Aperture for Cable Management, Anti-Vibration Rubber stand

Get at least 250GB of SSD storage

thanks i have updated it

The computer is fine, but I think that there are a couple of things to change. Get rid of that power supply. I've seen people using it and getting crashes because of it. Get something like a Corsair RM750. It does cost a bit more, but I think that it's better to spend a little more than having problems later on. Also, you could just get some 1600MHz memory, 2133MHz really doesn't help, at all, unless you have some extremely memory intensive applications, or you're using an APU. You said that he's gonna be gaming on this PC, and he doesn't have an APU, just get 1600MHz memory.

Other than that, it's a great rig! 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hi, its my first post here and I am currently trying to put together a decent gaming rig for my friend with a budget of £1000 or $1699 I have put together a simple spec already but needed help as i am relatively new to building PC's and wasn't sure whether the computer parts all work together or if there was any better options for the systems thanks in advance - Katarnar

SPEC

-Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

-Crucial CT240M500SSD1 240GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive

-WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

-Intel Core i5 4440 Quad Core CPU Retail (Socket 1150, 3.10GHz, 6MB 83W, Extended memory 64 Technoloyu, Execute Disable Bit

-Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound-

-Corsair CW 9060007-WW Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120mm Rad All-In-One Liquid CPU cooler

-Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Motherboard (Socket 1150, Z87 Express, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, Haswell, Supports 4thGeneration IntelCore Processors, GIGABYTE UEFI Dual BIOS)

-G.Skill Ripjaws-X Main Memory 8GB 2133 MHz 240-pin 4GB CL9 DIMM DDR3 RAM Kit

-Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780 OC 3GB Fan PCI-E Graphics Card

-Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case (ATX, M-ATX, Supports Bottom PSU Installation and Aperture for Cable Management, Anti-Vibration Rubber stand

Are you based in the UK or USA ? As you mention £ and $  :D

thanks guys sorry i accidently deleted the post its my first time on site :S

Are you based in the UK or USA ? As you mention £ and $  :D

uk

The computer is fine, but I think that there are a couple of things to change. Get rid of that power supply. I've seen people using it and getting crashes because of it. Get something like a Corsair RM750. It does cost a bit more, but I think that it's better to spend a little more than having problems later on. Also, you could just get some 1600MHz memory, 2133MHz really doesn't help, at all, unless you have some extremely memory intensive applications, or you're using an APU. You said that he's gonna be gaming on this PC, and he doesn't have an APU, just get 1600MHz memory.

Other than that, it's a great rig! 

thanks this was very helpful I replaced the PSU but i kept the ram only because the price was the same as the 1600MHz equivalent also I think higher ram speed might help when using the adobe creative suite 

thanks this was very helpful I replaced the PSU but i kept the ram only because the price was the same as the 1600MHz equivalent also I think higher ram speed might help when using the adobe creative suite 

Nice!  :)

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

uk

Ok.

Do you need a monitor in the spec ? Also do you need a copy of windows ? Any peripherals needed ? i.e Keyboard/mouse/speakers etc

Ok.

Do you need a monitor in the spec ? Also do you need a copy of windows ? Any peripherals needed ? i.e Keyboard/mouse/speakers etc

the person this spec is for will be buying all peripherals separately however I am going to be buying some myself soon

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4xrgQ7 a quick build

ive put  a i5 4670k so you can over clock anything from 3.8-4.5 roughky should be fine

h100i should be enough to keep it cool

what do people think?

I would suggest the i5 4690K

The H100i is a bit overkill for an i5. I would say the Coolermaster 212 cooler would be enough.

You only need 8GB ram for gaming.

You could save on the SSD by going for the Crucial MX100.

I would get a better case, and a different psu as well.

Otherwise it looks good  :D

With the savings you might be able to squeeze a 290 gpu in.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4xrgQ7 a quick build

ive put  a i5 4670k so you can over clock anything from 3.8-4.5 roughky should be fine

h100i should be enough to keep it cool

what do people think?

I would suggest the i5 4690K

The H100i is a bit overkill for an i5. I would say the Coolermaster 212 cooler would be enough.

You only need 8GB ram for gaming.

You could save on the SSD by going for the Crucial MX100.

I would get a better case, and a different psu as well.

Otherwise it looks good  :D

With the savings you might be able to squeeze a 290 gpu in.

thanks will have a look into these

The Bitfenix Ronin is a few pounds cheaper than the Ghost, and is nicer imo.

Have a look at Superflower psu's such as the Golden Green and Leadex. If you want 750W+ then the EVGA Supernova G2 would be my choice.

The Bitfenix Ronin is a few pounds cheaper than the Ghost, and is nicer imo.

Have a look at Superflower psu's such as the Golden Green and Leadex. If you want 750W+ then the EVGA Supernova G2 would be my choice.

its up to him it hes build im only putting it as a suggestion to show what you can get for £1000

its up to him it hes build im only putting it as a suggestion to show what you can get for £1000

I totally agree with you about it being his choice. The trouble with the Bitfenix Ghost is the poor airflow due to the solid front panel. The Ronin has a mesh type panel so it should be cooler.