Best Headphones under $100?

Cs342

Hey guys,

I'm going to be getting a Corsair Vengeance headset for gaming, but yesterday my Sony MDR-600 headphones broke and I was wondering if you had any recommendations for headphones I could get to replace them. Preferably something under $100 (the cheaper the better) but also better than the headphones I currently have. Thanks!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

From what I've heard, if you're going to be using them for gaming and music listening, then the Audio-Technia ATH-M50s.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Has to have strong bass though :P

The M50s apparently have some of the best bass at that price point without messing up the rest of the sound stage.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

How would they compare to the MDR-XB600? I don't want to get something that sounds worse (just saying)

How would they compare to the MDR-XB600? I don't want to get something that sounds worse (just saying)

You should get them and find out for yourself what good headphones sound like.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Yeah the M50s are highly regarded as the best sub $100 headphones on the market currently. They're easy to drive and have nice bass.

if you were really happy with the sony Xb600 then you like exaggerated bass. with the m50 you will get less bass but more clarity throughout. there is also the audio technica lineup that is going head to head vs the sony's XB basshead lineup which is the audio technica WS   55 - 77 - 99  you can get a ws55 for under 100 but it is an on ear version. the ws77 and ws99 are around ears. 

I think some of the Vmodas are situated at the $100 mark and those have bass as well but not as exaggerated as on the sony XB's 

give me a week or 2 for my thoughts on the ath ws55. a deal came up that I had to cash in on... I was holding out for the ws77 or ws99 but a deal is a deal. 

Okay, thanks for the help! Also, do you have any recommendations for in-ears (roughly $50)? I have no idea why all my in-ears break after a few months.

Okay, thanks for the help! Also, do you have any recommendations for in-ears (roughly $50)? I have no idea why all my in-ears break after a few months.

also within the audio technica solid bass lineup there is the solid bass line for in ears... the ATH CKS 55 - 77 - 99 some glowing reviews on that lineup. 

Damn the ATH-M50's are $200+ in my country D:

Damn New Zealand and over priced tech.

#!

100% ATH-M50s. You cant beat them at such a low price.

I've had a good experience with meelec in the past.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Do you really need to get the Corsair Vengeance and a pair of headphones. What about one pair of headphones and a modmic?

Headset

What do you guys think of these?

http://xtreme.jvc.com/ha-mr55x.html

They remind of Beats, just a lot cheaper (Beats are stupidly overpriced anyways)

I think they would sound like a subwoofer attached to your face.

and I haven't found a system with a sub I like yet.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I think they would sound like a subwoofer attached to your face.

and I haven't found a system with a sub I like yet.

Have you tried them personally?

Definitly  M50´s .But its best to go in audio store where you can try different headphones for yourself and for free :D

Definitly  M50´s .But its best to go in audio store where you can try different headphones for yourself and for free :D

Testing audio equipment is always a good idea! I would find a store which sells Grado headphones and give them a go as well. They have a little different approach than the M50s, but you might end up liking them, I know I do. Not ideal for usage in public places tho...

Another great pair of headphones sub $100 are the Creative Aurvana Live. If you want to go the In-Ear monitor route you could take a look at something like the Shure SE 215.

JVC is not a brand I tend to trust. They mainly make throw away, 3 dollar buds.

I'm using XB-400s and am, personally, not very happy. They bass is way too exaggerated for me. Anything other than electro and hip hop is terrible sounding. While I do like my fair share of deep house, sometimes I just want some jazz...

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Yes the ATHM50's would be the way to go.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790S 3.2/4.0 GHz  GPU: HIS AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB GDDR5  Motherboard: ASUS Pro Gamer H97  RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz  

PSU: NZXT HALE82 700W  Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa  Case: NZXT H230 

Thanks so much guys, I'm gonna start a separate thread for the in ears (I decided to just repair my Sony headphones for free because of the warranty)