Cordless electric drill/screwdriver

sotiris.bos

I am in the market for a good enough cheap cordless electric drill+screwdriver tool.  I need it to be capable of drilling holes in cement and to have enough torque to be able to remove a ton of rusty stuck screws that I have all over my house. I have absolutely no idea about power tools. Can anyone help?

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

From my experience cordless and powerful don't go together. If you want to drill through concrete you need something powerful (corded).

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I am in the market for a good enough cheap cordless electric drill+screwdriver tool.  I need it to be capable of drilling holes in cement and to have enough torque to be able to remove a ton of rusty stuck screws that I have all over my house. I have absolutely no idea about power tools. Can anyone help?

you routing a really long cable or something? like the guy above me said, for something with alot of torque you will want to go corded

From my experience cordless and powerful don't go together. If you want to drill through concrete you need something powerful (corded).

Nah you don't, we have a 18v makita cordless drill and it does through concrete just fine. You need corded drills for doing really deep into concrete and such

to the OP I wouldn't suggest Makita however as they are very expensive, they make some of the best tools in the world, but it comes at a price. Just go to your nearest tool shop and look for an 18v drill.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

you routing a really long cable or something? like the guy above me said, for something with alot of torque you will want to go corded

I really need a powerful cordless screwdriver to remove rusty screws that usually need a ladder to be reached. It took me half an hour to remove a screw from an outdoor light the other day. I just figured that I could find a tool that is capable of both jobs because we occasionally need to drill in cement or stone to hang stuff (decorations mostly).

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

You bought the wrong thing then, you get what you pay for, stick to the brand names. If I had to use corded drills I would never be able to work from a boom-lift or scissor lift unless I was less than 10m from the ground.

@sotiris.bos To drill concrete, bricks or other stone product you will need a hammer-drill.

To insert/remove screws you will need an impact gun, these you can kind of get away with using a cheap one, but if you're going to be doing work outside of hobby use you will want to pay for the more expensive drill.

For many things in life there is little difference between expensive brand-name items and cheap, generic items - power tools ARE NOT one of these things you cheap out on, pay a good price now and it will last you a long time without malfunction.

Being a trades worker I'm perhaps biased, but my experience only backs up my claim.