Need suggestions for my first build

Hey everyone, first time posting on these forums. I've decided to build my next computer and have a budget of ~$1500, I'm in the final stages of learning the steps of assemblage and picking the parts I want. I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation or suggestion about my current rig as I'm still kind of confused in regard to picking an appropriate power supply, case and SSD.

Here's my build: http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/saT

You should really use http://pcpartpicker.com/ , it searches different online stores and tells you the lowest price. It also checks for compatibility issues and such. Aside from that, it looks like a great build. As far as the power supply goes, I have used corsair psu's on the past 3 rigs I have made, and they work flawlessly. The case you choose honestly doesn't matter too much, unless you are worried about silence or airflow. If you want an ssd, I suggest samsung or kingston. I used the Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SSD, and it is perfect so far. Good luck on your new pc!

The build is good. I have two complaints though. The PSU is too powerful, take something around 500W.

The second thing is the case, you picked an mATX motherboard one so I'd really stick with the format and take an mATX case.

Few good mATX cases:

Silverstone PS07 & TG08-E

Fractal Design -  Arc Mini R2 & Core 1500

Cooler Master N200

Corsair 350D

SSD!

seriously, it makes such a huge difference. can recommend the crucial mx100 (512GB is only €180 or whatever that translates to in the US) wholeheartedly

also does it have to be an mATX case? you're better off with the glorious fractal design define R4

also 750w is fine, at least you've got some headroom. my friend bought a 500 a while back and he's regretting it

If you want an ssd, I suggest samsung or kingston. I used the Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SSD, and it is perfect so far.

hardware.info is ranking kingston drives pretty low, cannot recommend

SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD SSD 

seriously, it makes such a huge difference. can recommend the crucial mx100 (512GB is only €180 or whatever that translates to in the US) wholeheartedly

also does it have to be an mATX case? you're better off with the glorious fractal design define R4

also 750w is fine, at least you've got some headroom. my friend bought a 500 a while back and he's regretting it

I agree with the SSD. But with the rest I don't.

What would Define R4 give him? o.0

750W is a big overkill, you shouldn't have lots of headroom unless you plan SLI or some other hardcore upgrades.

What would Define R4 give him? o.0

Lots of room, easy to work with, optimal component placement, silence through insulation and the integrated fan controller

750W is a big overkill, you shouldn't have lots of headroom unless you plan SLI or some other hardcore upgrades.

you're forgetting that he's wanting to run a r290x, lol

besides, a power supply is at its most efficient at 50% load

tell you what's overkill: my rig. i7 3930k with a 660ti and a 1000W enermax 80 plus platinum power supply, lol (though i will be upgrading the gpu in the very near future)

Lots of room, easy to work with, optimal component placement, silence through insulation and the integrated fan controller

you're forgetting that he's wanting to run a r290x, lol

besides, a power supply is at its most efficient at 50% load

tell you what's overkill: my rig. i7 3930k with a 660ti and a 1000W enermax 80 plus platinum power supply, lol (though i will be upgrading the gpu in the very near future)

I only felt a little uncomfortable when working with ITX'es, it's more difficult to work with huge cases though. I had a silenced case and it isn't ultra awesome, I didn't feel much of a difference and it's best to just get quiet fans. Also, he wants an mATX board.

Watch this:

lol more difficult to work with large cases? the only reason that could be is because of weight, and an r4 doesn't weigh 25 kilos. lots of room behind the motherboard tray is a big plus
and yes, what makes the biggest difference is indeed silent operation in fans. and the define r4 comes with a fan controller, so that's nice

as for the power supply, maybe op does in fact plan to upgrade in the future?

lol more difficult to work with large cases? the only reason that could be is because of weight, and an r4 doesn't weigh 25 kilos. lots of room behind the motherboard tray is a big plus

and yes, what makes the biggest difference is indeed silent operation in fans. and the define r4 comes with a fan controller, so that's nice

as for the power supply, maybe op does in fact plan to upgrade in the future?

Let's wait and see.

It was hard to me to put somehow the big cases, also side panels etc, when I was working with my Phenom it was really nice that I could do everything sitting on my desk, but it was quite small so I had problems fitting my screwdrivers there.