What is most important?

When building a photo editing rig what are the most important pc parts in order from most to the least important?

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

When building a photo editing rig what are the most important pc parts in order from most to the least important?

cpu > gpu > ram > ssd > and so on 

its just my opinion

For a editing PC of any kind (video, photo, programming... etc) I prefer cpu > ram > gpu > ssd >

For a editing PC of any kind (video, photo, programming... etc) I prefer cpu > ram > gpu > ssd >

its just my opinion

Thnx i'm going to start with a hard drive instead of ssd as im on a budget but when i can i'll get a ssd for storing my pics and other editing stuff on.

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

it depends on what you are editing and the nle your useing. with avid and there red camera/ arri alexa   I work with day to day I find the red roket card is the most portent thing in my rig the seced thing is the nvida card the second most inporten thing. then hard drives. but ya 5k is hard on computers.

when asking on which you NLE shud use to edit video I will tell you to get avid and an mac. life is easy when it just works.

• 2 weeks later...

dont forget a good monitor that shows accurate colors on an IPS panel!

Well to me a video card that output 10-bit color is very important if you want true colors. No point it having a nice IPS panel if it can't use all of it's colors. 

I'm still working on this however. I want the K4000 which should work just fine. 

GPU all the way is the #1 priority. If you want a great photo editing rig, you will probably want to get a GPU with 10-bit color support. 

Storage is what I'd say is the #2 most important thing. Or at least redundancy is. 

RAM

CPU

its just my opinion

depends on the program some gpu doesn't matter so

cpu > ram > storage > mobo > gpu

and some need gpu so 

gpu >ram > storage > cpu > mobo