i5-4690k Beats an 8350 at Rendering? New Benchmarks

In this benchmark video the 8350 loses to the 4690k. What is even weirder though is that it lost to the 4670k as well. 

In that video the 3570k was RIGHT BEHIND the 8350 in rendering, so maybe it's possible that 10% performance from Haswell does help in rendering and with the 4690k it's supposed to be even better apparently so who knows? 

What do you guys think? 

Intel Haswell is roughly 80% quicker clock for clock over AMD, effectively nullifying the 8-core FX. 

The FX is slower clock for clock than the older Phenom X6 Thubans and they had to up the frequency and give it time until people forgot about their complete screw up going over to bulldozer.

8 core FX chips are 4 modules sharing the same pipline/resources, and that pipeline is long, resulting in much lower instructions per cycle Vs. Intel.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Intel is really the best choice for anyone who can afford an i5 and up. No question here :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Intel Haswell is roughly 80% quicker clock for clock over AMD, effectively nullifying the 8-core FX. 

The FX is slower clock for clock than the older Phenom X6 Thubans and they had to up the frequency and give it time until people forgot about their complete screw up going over to bulldozer.

8 core FX chips are 4 modules sharing the same pipline/resources, and that pipeline is long, resulting in much lower instructions per cycle Vs. Intel.

Well the reason I say this is interesting is because the 8350 kept up by a good amount with the 3rd gen Intel CPU's and beat the i5 3rd gen in most applications. 

Intel is really the best choice for anyone who can afford an i5 and up. No question here :)

It's just surprising because the 8350 beat the 3rd gen Intel and most people always recommended it over any i5. 

It's just surprising because the 8350 beat the 3rd gen Intel and most people always recommended it over any i5. 

No, not for gaming. The i5 will outperform the 8350 over 75% of the time, because the i5's cores are much more powerful. Since most games only use 4 cores or less, having more powerful cores gives more benefit than having more less powerful cores. The benchmarks speak for themselves.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No, not for gaming. The i5 will outperform the 8350 over 75% of the time, because the i5's cores are much more powerful. Since most games only use 4 cores or less, having more powerful cores gives more benefit than having more less powerful cores. The benchmarks speak for themselves.

I said most of the time, obviously not for gaming. 

I said most of the time, obviously not for gaming. 

For budget builds the 8350 is better yes. More price/performance.

Spoiler