OS and Replacing CPU

PMoneyMillionaire

I just bought a new cpu and motherboard. When I replace my old one's, will I have to re-install windows? or anything else?

I just bought a new cpu and motherboard. When I replace my old one's, will I have to re-install windows? or anything else?

No, but your activation code won't work. If you simply call Microsoft customer service, and tell them that you just upgraded your PC, I'm pretty sure they will supply you with a new code. It's always been a ritual for me to do a clean install after every new PC, anyway.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

No, but your activation code won't work. If you simply call Microsoft customer service, and tell them that you just upgraded your PC, I'm pretty sure they will supply you with a new code. It's always been a ritual for me to do a clean install after every new PC, anyway.

For me I just  swapped a motherboard and cpu and reinstalled using the same key and added a graphics card and changed  to an ssd and never had to call them.

You can transfer and install without reinstalling but it is technical.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R