MotherBoard doesnt post with 8gb of RAM

IamPaddy

Hey Guys, I have a small problem. When I put my two sticks of RAM into their slots and turn on my machine it doesnt boot. But when there is a single Stick of RAM it does.

The motherboard is the Asus Maximus VII gene and the RAM i am using is HyperX Fury

I read somewhere about having to adjust the amount of RAM you motherboard will take.. so on.

If there are any others suggestions please do tell.

Thanks in advance

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

Do you clar CMOS when trying this?

I haven't tryed.

I am new to this so...

What do I press to clear CMOS

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

um... unplug your pc, take off the battery (look at mb) for a sec, then put it back, plug the pc, turn on

Do I have all the RAM in whilst doing this?

Yey dis meh Pc

-snip-

Hi ~ did you install them in the correct slot? Can you post a picture? You do not need to clear the CMOS yet. Since you have Maximus Gene ~ you should have a MemOK! button on your Motherboard. It should be located in the top right corner beside your RAM slot. Press that button and restart your system. If you do not have a completely dud piece of RAM, your PC will boot without any problem.

Hi ~ did you install them in the correct slot? Can you post a picture? You do not need to clear the CMOS yet. Since you have Maximus Gene ~ you should have a MemOK! button on your Motherboard. It should be located in the top right corner beside your RAM slot. Press that button and restart your system. If you do not have a completely dud piece of RAM, your PC will boot without any problem.

That doesn't matter as you turn it on with all the RAM already plugged

Well one of my Sticks of RAM is pooped. Sooo I am going to RMA it, I had to install other Ram and in works perfectly. Anyways thanks for the help, ill know what to do next time just incase

Yey dis meh Pc

Well one of my Sticks of RAM is pooped. Sooo I am going to RMA it, I had to install other Ram and in works perfectly. Anyways thanks for the help, ill know what to do next time just incase

Happy to help! :)

i've had the same problem and after trying 3 sets of Fury ram i sent back my entire pc and they found out that the mobo(asrock fatal1ty killer) isn't compatible with Kingston Hyper FuryX ram

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

i've had the same problem and after trying 3 sets of Fury ram i sent back my entire pc and they found out that the mobo(asrock fatal1ty killer) isn't compatible with Kingston Hyper FuryX ram

If that is true I have back up RAM, and or I will buy a different set

Yey dis meh Pc