desk design ideas?

Hi all, 

Having seen Linus's Steelseries desk, i though about having a design on my own desk. I don't think i can do a vinyl wrap like he did, but I'd just like to paint a easy design or something onto my desk. 

My desk is all white (rectangle) so i think i could either paint just a logo/design from a stencil i could make, or make or the whole desk a different colour while coving a logo/design with a stencil thereby keeping that part white. 

Any ideas on WHAT to paint or alternatives? Just want something kind of custom on my desk, like my PC :) 

Additional Note: 
My PC colour scheme is black to white on a greyscale, but with a hint of blue (heatsink on mobo) 

• Case is fractal r4 (windowed) with "titanium" front panel                black, white and grey/silver 
  • Monitor is Asus designo MX 27"                                                  silver 
  • Keyboard CMstorm quickfire tk                                                   black with white led 
  • Mouse is a Steelseries kana                                                       white

edit: thanks all. My brothers computer set up turned out really well. Waiting on some more stuff and i take pics.

You could paint the logos of the computer brands you like or use in your system on your desk.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

You could paint the logos of the computer brands you like or use in your system on your desk.

That just gave me a really cool idea. I don't know if you've seen it but you can stain pictures onto wood - it's kind of complicated but it works. You could do that with like a heap of brands.

That just gave me a really cool idea. I don't know if you've seen it but you can stain pictures onto wood - it's kind of complicated but it works. You could do that with like a heap of brands.

Yea, that would certainly look better than painting them yourself.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M