Set up android with MS account

TristanK
Go to solution Solved by Probenja,

You can use your ms account but you won't get all of the features unless you have a google one, the same goes if you have a Google account and use a windows phone.

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me answer this. I've never had an android phone so i ask you if you can set it up with a microsoft account instead of google acount. Furthermore if you can buy apps from google play with microsoft account instead of google account.

One more thing. I'm deciding between:

• Nokia Lumia 920 or Nokia Lumia 925,(i like nokias for their cameras, great navigation, and great apps they offer, build quality is also great, plus i love the WP8.1, i dislike the small battery and no microsd expansion slot)
  • LG G2, (love it for the 3000mAh battery that is also replacable, powerful hardware, low price :), yet stil no microsd slot)
  • Sony Xperia Z1. (dustprof, waterprof, great hardware, looks great, It is bigger than LG G2 but has smaller screen=wtf, stil quite expensive)

If you could comment and recommend and explain why you think i should get the one you say. That would be nice. :)

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

LG G2 masterrace FTW

if dustproof and such is worth it and you'd actually benefit from it, get the Z1 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Why would earth do you think you would be able to set up an android phone with a microsoft account?

You can't btw

Pilates

LG G2 masterrace FTW

if dustproof and such is worth it and you'd actually benefit from it, get the Z1 

I agree on LG, bigger screen, yet smaller phone, and less expensive than  xperia. But do you know the answer to my question above?  " I've never had an android phone so i ask you if you can set it up with a microsoft account instead of google acount. Furthermore if you can buy apps from google play with microsoft account instead of google account."

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Why would earth do you think you would be able to set up an android phone with a microsoft account?

You can't btw

Thanks for the info. I just hoped it can be done i guess. I have everything set up on my MS account and i dont like all my contacts on multiple accounts. I guess i have no other choice if i decide to go with android :/. I do like the mail app on WP more than the one on android. It seems more organized

Specs: 

Spoiler

You can use your ms account but you won't get all of the features unless you have a google one, the same goes if you have a Google account and use a windows phone.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

thanks for the info :)

Specs: 

Spoiler