Headphones under $200

TheAndyPanda

Hi guys,

I just watched this video by Marcus Brownlee

and was wondering if there are any other headphones that you could recommend for under $200. The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's mentioned in the video caught my eye, but I can't really find them for less then $230 ish. Any ideas where I could get them under $200, or any recommendations on which headphones whether from or not from the video are good bang for the buck, would be really appreciated. I'm not really an audiophile, but am looking for a nice pair to maybe start into nicer sounding music and games and what not. I don't know enough about headphones to really know what to buy, so I came here!

Sennheiser HD558 cost $120ish on Amazon.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Plenty of options under $200. Could you please clarify what your usage will be.

Plenty of options under $200. Could you please clarify what your usage will be.

My usage will be listening to music at my desk, playing games, and watching movies. No professional work whatsoever, only casual use.

My usage will be listening to music at my desk, playing games, and watching movies. No professional work whatsoever, only casual use.

What kind of music are we talking about?

What kind of music are we talking about?

Classic rock and more modern stuff. No techno, rap, or dubstep. Bands anywhere from Tokyo Police Club to Shinedown. A headphone that's pretty versatile would be great, just because I do want the games and movies to also sound good.

Classic rock and more modern stuff. No techno, rap, or dubstep. Bands anywhere from Tokyo Police Club to Shinedown. A headphone that's pretty versatile would be great, just because I do want the games and movies to also sound good.

K. Then I'm going to go with Sennheiser HD 518 or 558. Both under $200 (518 is even under $100) and they do not require special amplification.

Hi guys,

I just watched this video by Marcus Brownlee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjwyYOFwZg

and was wondering if there are any other headphones that you could recommend for under $200. The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's mentioned in the video caught my eye, but I can't really find them for less then $230 ish. Any ideas where I could get them under $200, or any recommendations on which headphones whether from or not from the video are good bang for the buck, would be really appreciated. I'm not really an audiophile, but am looking for a nice pair to maybe start into nicer sounding music and games and what not. I don't know enough about headphones to really know what to buy, so I came here!

I got a COP for $140 ;)

DT 770 are also great. Those 2 headphones are probably my pick for under $200. 

K. Then I'm going to go with Sennheiser HD 518 or 558. Both under $200 (518 is even under $100) and they do not require special amplification.

I'd have to agree, I'd recommend the HD558 they sound like they cover your criteria very well and have a great soundstage. Another option for open are AD700X or DT990.

DT770 are also great for closed headphones as well as COP.

Also check out some of the reviews on the forums. Here's one I did on the HD558, if there's anything helpful there. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67563-sennheiser-558-mic-review/

Maybe because I live in Canada but a lot of the prices I find are much higher than what everyone else says.

Anyways thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I'm going to take a look at all of them and then decide. 

Thanks Again!

Maybe because I live in Canada but a lot of the prices I find are much higher than what everyone else says.

Anyways thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I'm going to take a look at all of them and then decide. 

Thanks Again!

Well you could have mentioned that earlier lol

Well you could have mentioned that earlier lol

Ya my bad, I'm used to it though :P