H100i voltage control

Hullo,

Just wondering if the H100i can control 3 pin fans through voltage. 

If not I suppose I'll just add a variable resistor to the fan wires so I have manual control :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

3 pin fans aren't pwm, so you won't be able to.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes you can. Ignore @MegaDave91

The H100i can control both 3 pin and 4 pin fans, and 0-4 fans.

The only thing with 3 pin fans though is that they cannot go as slow an PWM fans, but this is because of the fan, not the controller in the H100i.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

so...the H100i does have fan voltage control?

Edit: didn't see full post before. 

Yeah, my fans on the H440 won't start at 5V with molex wiring

so...the H100i does have fan voltage control?

Yes 100%

I am using it right now :)

You need to use Corsair Link of course though.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes 100%

I am using it right now :)

You need to use Corsair Link of course though.

yeah of course, I'll have to use a variable resistor for my front fans though. They are connnected to that fan splitter on the back

The H100i can control both 3 pin and 4 pin fans, and 0-4 fans.

The only thing with 3 pin fans though is that they cannot go as slow an PWM fans, but this is because of the fan, not the controller in the H100i.

Through CL? So you plug the fans into the pump on the H100i?

I was thinking of plugging directly into the motherboard. That method wouldn't work.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Through CL? So you plug the fans into the pump on the H100i?

I was thinking of plugging directly into the motherboard. That method wouldn't work.

Yeah, I meant plugging into the H100i pump.

Although doesn't Asus allow voltage control through AI suite? (mine's z87 plus btw)

Although doesn't Asus allow voltage control through AI suite? (mine's z87 plus btw)

Yeah, it's part of the 4-way optimization. I've always had 4 pin fans since I got my Z87 Pro, so I never paid attention. I don't use AI Suite though.

Yes, you can also use AI Suite to control motherboard fan headers. I use that too :P

Spoiler

Yes, you can also use AI Suite to control motherboard fan headers. I use that too :P

sweet, I guess I should figure out where to wire all my fans onto the motherboard so I can properly control them. Got no idea where the headers are lol, I'll have to check. 

sweet, I guess I should figure out where to wire all my fans onto the motherboard so I can properly control them. Got no idea where the headers are lol, I'll have to check. 

:P

The fans on the H100i can be wired to the pump to use Corsair Link, or to your motherboard (if you have enough fan ports) to be controlled by AI Suite.

If they are connected to the H100i the rpm will mostly respond to CPU load (faster rpm when CPU load increases)

If they are connected to the motehrboard the rpm depends on what temperature sensor you link it to, so the rpm will depend on how hot the CPU gets (or other temp sensor)

Choose what you prefer, I put mine on the H100i because I have my chassis fans connected to my motherboard and i'm out of fan ports :\

Spoiler

:P

The fans on the H100i can be wired to the pump to use Corsair Link, or to your motherboard (if you have enough fan ports) to be controlled by AI Suite.

If they are connected to the H100i the rpm will mostly respond to CPU load (faster rpm when CPU load increases)

If they are connected to the motehrboard the rpm depends on what temperature sensor you link it to, so the rpm will depend on how hot the CPU gets (or other temp sensor)

Choose what you prefer, I put mine on the H100i because I have my chassis fans connected to my motherboard and i'm out of fan ports :\

Currently I just have two fans wired to the pump and their rpm is determined by the H100i temp, oddly enough it didn't seem that Corsair Link took cpu temps into consideration.

Then 4 fans, three front intake one exhaust, is just connected to the fan splitter on the H440, and they were LOUD, like loud to the point where I questioned the "silenced optimised" nature of the H440. Downvolted them to 7v after a short while. 

I think i'll continue using the fans connected to the pump for the rad and put the rest onto motherboard headers.