FT-03 Mini - Yet another water cooled Mini ITX build.

Danimacl

Hey guys great to be back on the forum :)

So I am starting to plan/ buy components for my upcoming project/build. I Would like to document the the project and get some advice from you guys. 

My plan is to have a very clean FT-03 Mini with proper Acrylic rigid watercooling and custom sleeved cables by the end of it. I chose this particular case just because it is one of the few Mini ITX cases that can hold a full size GPU. I am basically in it just or a challenge. 

I'm not entirely set on components yet other than the Case, the PSU and the GPU. 

-Silverstone FT-03 Mini (silver)

-Silverstone 450W Gold SFX power supply 

-AMD Radeon 7970 (w) Ek Water Block (since I already have it and it will do the job for now)

For the project I'm leaning in the direction of the new 4790K or 4690K. As for motherboards will probably go for either an ASUS Z79 ROG Mini ITX board when it comes out or an Asus Z79I-Plus. Although I like the Dual LAN options available from other manufactures. 

As for cooling the thing I'm thinking it would probably be cleanest if I just externally mount an Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 280 Radiator / Pump / Reservoir Combo. Then Drill some holes in the side of the FT-03 To Put in some pass throughs.  I'm not really interested in internal watercooling solution as I actually don't think it would look quite as clean. Also the AquaComputer rad combo will probably be cheaper and simpler then separates. 

First Question: I'm pretty new to watercooling as I've only setup one custom loop before. So I'm not savy on all the newest latest and greatest components. It appears to me that not all of the hard line stuff is universal. What is considered the best hardline tubing system right now? 

Yeah I saw that and got a giggle out of it when I logged in. Here I was thinking I was being creative haha. 

Danimacl, on 16 Jun 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Yeah I saw that and got a giggle out of it when I logged in. Here I was thinking I was being creative haha. 

You can still be creative with it if you you are comfortable with modding the case. Maybe an all around clear/frosted plexi instead of the standard aluminium panel for the case. Now that is something I havent seen being done in a ft-03 mini before. ;)

Also,you need to quote the people you are replying to. The quote button is on the bottom right of their post.

"yet another" ?? Sooo happy its not another prodigy build.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/