I stopped pirating

jake98

I recently stopped illegally downloading software and music. I ran into no issues while doing so and felt relatively secure. but in the near future i plan on upgrading my wireless network (TWC) and i am worried about them seeing my activities and arresting me or some shit. I know that's a bit far fetched but if i have stopped is there any reason to worry?

Thanks,

Jake 

We all got left behind.

I recently stopped illegally downloading software and music. I ran into no issues while doing so and felt relatively secure. but in the near future i plan on upgrading my wireless network (TWC) and i am worried about them seeing my activities and arresting me or some shit. I know that's a bit far fetched but if i have stopped is there any reason to worry?

Thanks,

Jake 

Your ISP doesnt give a shit what you do with your internet connection as long as you dont harm their network, get them into legal troubles, or make them waste money by forwarding DMCA letters to you.

Depends on what or how much you've already pirated. And the absolute worst case scenario would be you recieving a letter saying that you have to pay a fine, which usually will not be checked up on. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

not really. I do it quite opeanly and someties share the actual cracks. did I ever get into trouble for that ? no. and I don't think I ever will :D  (altough its quite fun to do this. if I find something good like a game. I will often buy it because, you know, its fun to get payed has a dev :P)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Pssst I doubt they'd go through the trouble of singling you out for pirating.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Thanks,

Jake 

Well first of all i don't think they'll care that much about you (mainly because you're 1998)

I don't they will care that much about a normal guy just downloading, i promise you WAY more people than you would think downloads stuff from the internet.

So don't worry.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Funny story... I know back in the day when internet connections were shit, people ordered pirated games from pirates, who actually put their ads into advertisement magazines. I later heard that police cracked down on some of those pirates, as for the people who bought from them... the game discs were simply confiscated. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Thanks,

Jake 

I have TWC, and they don't give a shit (see below for my bandwidth usage). Unless they get a letter from the content owner indemnifying you.

Force encryption in your torrent client, and stick to private trackers...or use a VPN+Seedbox combo

Capture_zps1ea3ab2d.png

Thanks,

Jake 

first let me just say i find if funny that your name has 98 in it but the forum says you were born in 2000 lol (I started downloading software/music/videos before your were born and i have never gotten anything crap from my isp)

Anyways your fine don't worry about it they are not watching what you are doing and only care when someone tells then what you are doing illegally.

I have TWC, and they don't give a shit (see below for my bandwidth usage). Unless they get a letter from the content owner indemnifying you.

Force encryption in your torrent client, and stick to private trackers...or use a VPN+Seedbox combo

Probably best not to post stuff like that. (Against CoC)

just use a European VPN  (search for torrent safe VPNs)

or stick with private trackers

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If you can't beat them, join them.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.