It is amazing how many people in this thread don't care or don't understand the real important issue here.  It is the bait and switch issue.  Hopefully a group of lawyers and consumers will get together to start a lawsuit vs Ubisoft and ask for money for being lied to and for Ubisoft to permanently patch in the real graphics settings for pc in their own menu for the game.  It is not funny what Ubisoft did here.  They have been doing greasy things for well over a year now in regards to Wii U games and now this game. I hope consumers with the help of lawyers will make them pay and I hope consumers on their own will not buy Ubisoft products.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

now that's something i can get exited about :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

You know what would go well with this????
working sli profiles

It is amazing how many people in this thread don't care or don't understand the real important issue here.  It is the bait and switch issue.  Hopefully a group of lawyers and consumers will get together to start a lawsuit vs Ubisoft and ask for money for being lied to and for Ubisoft to permanently patch in the real graphics settings for pc in their own menu for the game.  It is not funny what Ubisoft did here.  They have been doing greasy things for well over a year now in regards to Wii U games and now this game.  I hope consumers with the help of lawyers will make them pay and I hope consumers on their own will not buy Ubisoft products.

Has that ever happened in history? and been successful?

Has that ever happened in history? and been successful?

Yes there have been successful lawsuits similar to what this would be.  People have been compensated for things game makers and publishers have done wrong in the past.  It happened with EA for the Madden series at one point I know.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You get an achievement for doing the game's most interesting hack; a real one!

You also get an achievement for doing the impossible: Getting uPlay to work....

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I'm sure this has been tried, but has anyone changed the settings in the field...

DeferredFxQuality="console"

?

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I'm sure this has been tried, but has anyone changed the settings in the field...

?

IDK why don't you change it, maybe to PC and see what happens. If the game has problems change it back and no harm done, maybe :P

@Mods: Why is there no news items for this on the news section? This is clearly not merely a "mod" it's a legitimate news item.

-------

Current Rig

-------

In one word: YES

BTW does this actually fix the map load stuttering?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

In one word: YES

BTW does this actually fix the map load stuttering?

According to TB no: it doesn't impacts performance it just enables more detail with no performance hit. Which means that it's likely a textures issue since from what I read, the two best ways to get it to run better is "high" textures instead of ultra and less/no AA filters.

-------

Current Rig

-------

According to TB no: it doesn't impacts performance it just enables more detail with no performance hit. Which means that it's likely a textures issue since from what I read, the two best ways to get it to run better is "high" textures instead of ultra and less/no AA filters.

Someone mentioned that the devs cranked VRAM usage way above what was necessary, and since textures are what usually fills VRAM the most (AFAIK), it could be due to that. 

Or it's just so terribly optimized. But considering the other stuff ("E3 mode"), I would expect them to have cranked up it's usage for no good reason other than to hinder the performance.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

At first i read the title "Watch mods dogs are here"

"Mods dogs"

Im gonna be banned fo shure

Alright thanks,  I wont bother I have two 290x's and I want to be able to play a game like that on Ultra... I will skip it for now :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Someone mentioned that the devs cranked VRAM usage way above what was necessary, and since textures are what usually fills VRAM the most (AFAIK), it could be due to that. 

Or it's just so terribly optimized. But considering the other stuff ("E3 mode"), I would expect them to have cranked up it's usage for no good reason other than to hinder the performance.

It's a little confusing since the "ultra" textures don't really look that much better meaning they could have been compressed to be playable at 2-3 gb of vram. My guess is that they just did a poor job, like Skyrim but well Skyrim has 3 fucking years ago.

-------

Current Rig

-------

IDK why don't you change it, maybe to PC and see what happens. If the game has problems change it back and no harm done, maybe :P

Didn't do anything. I don't get any of these great visual improvements everyone else seems to be getting.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Got it figured out. Had to switch from 7zip to WinRAR to extract the files. Hot dam does this look good now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n445hSGP_9Q&feature=youtu.be

Sabotage lyrics -Beastie boys

I can't stand it, I know you planned it
I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate
I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I got this f@#%*!% thorn in my side
Oh my God, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage
So, so, so, so listen up 'cause you can't say nothin'
You'll shut me down with a push of your button?
But you, I'm out and I'm gone
I'll tell you now, I keep it on and on
'Cause what you see you might not get
And we can bet, so don't you get souped yet
You're scheming on a thing that's a mirage
I'm trying to tell you now, it's sabotage
Why
Our backs are now against the wall?
Listen all y'all, it's a sabotage

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

it looks awesome now with sweetfx

but wtf ubisoft
not cool!

also watch totalbiscuits views on this

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

You know what would go well with this????

working sli profiles

I've read something about Far Cry 3 SLI profiles being used with Watch Dogs and it fixing a lot of the issues. I don't personally run SLI so I didn't read any details or follow up to see if it's actually a thing, but you could look into it.

I have being known about this for like 2 or 3 weeks.

Everyone is way too late..

I've read something about Far Cry 3 SLI profiles being used with Watch Dogs and it fixing a lot of the issues. I don't personally run SLI so I didn't read any details or follow up to see if it's actually a thing, but you could look into it.

did not know about this thank you, i shall look into it

I have being known about this for like 2 or 3 weeks.

Everyone is way too late..

This isn't SweetFX that just changes the colors...

This is a mod that changes the actual ingame effects of the game such as dynamic DoF,rain effects,POM,bloom,dynamic headlight shadows ect.

The guy is now even working together with MaLDO the moder that made the Crysis 2 high res texture mod.

RTX2070OC 

{ ====> MY GRAPHIC TEST <==== }

My "gaming" rig:
- "Monitor":                          iMac 27" (2560x1440) (late 2013)
- Hard Drive:                         Apple 3Tb Sata HD (1Tb Mac, 1Tb Win, 1Tb Storage)
- Processor:                         Intel Core i7-4771 @ 3.5GHz (turbo boost @3,9GHz + multithreading)
- Graphic Processor:             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M (2Gb VRAM)
- Memory (Ram):                   8,00Gb DDR3 (ECC) @ 1866mhz
- Audio device:                      DAC SuperPro 707 + SONY MHC-NX3AV Hi-Fi
- Operative System:               Dual boot MacOSX 10.9 / Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit
- Gaming Platform:                Steam for Mac / Steam for Windows
- Keyboard:                           Apple wireless keyboard unibody
- Mouse:                               Logitech G700S
- Headset:                             Plantronics Wireless 995 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaDWcHy5IMY&list=UUAo7untc1I_DnK4PQepJTfw

The game seems to be smoother than before, but there are some command response lags at high resolutions like 1080p or 1440p.

It is not only a matter of frames per second.

Anyway it look much much more realistic @ 1080p, and not very playable @1440p.

I will post more videos soon.