Enough space?

XYZAidan

So I want to know if it's possible to put the NH-U9B SE2 CPU cooler on a graphics card and wether it could fit in micro-ATX or would have to be in an ATX case. The graphics card I'm planning on is the GTX 760. Is what I'm thinking of even possible?

Thanks

Possible? Yes, easy? Nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Worth it? Nope. Why do you want to do it anyway? Also probably wouldn't fit in a mATX case. 

You would have to mod the cooler to put it on a GPU...

I understand that but I want to know if I could fit it in a Micro-ATX or if I would have to put it in an ATX case

yes it's probably possible with some heavy modding.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I understand that but I want to know if I could fit it in a Micro-ATX or if I would have to put it in an ATX case

Well it would need about 8 slots  and mATX has 5 slots nope. You'd need atleast an ATX case. 

Well it would need about 8 slots  and mATX has 5 slots nope. You'd need atleast an ATX case. 

Yeah, not to mention you would need some pretty hefty supports for the card to stop it snapping from the extra weight.

That said, I would love to see this done (but probably on a higher end card, as it is not really worth it for a GTX760)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

What if I used the NH-C14?

Yeah, not to mention you would need some pretty hefty supports for the card to stop it snapping from the extra weight.

That said, I would love to see this done (but probably on a higher end card, as it is not really worth it for a GTX760)

I have a 3D printer so building supports will probably not be an issue. :D

It's even taller.

Are you sure? Looking on the noctua website and at pictures it looks like the NH-C14

Are you sure? Looking on the noctua website and at pictures it looks like the NH-C14

It's 5mm talller.