Games keep minimizing to desktop after ALT+Tab

TheGamingLawNL

Hi guys,

I'm sitting here with an issue that is brand new for me as this didn't occur any earlier. Sometimes when gaming I alt+tab out of the game when dead or paused etc to do stuff on my 2nd monitor. Now since a few days my games refuse to go back in-game. It keeps splashing back to desktop with a game window that is about 1/2 of my screen and just running in the background. Everytime I try to get to open the game again to fullscreen or even actually playing it opens, gives a black splashscreen and goes back to desktop again in a window.

This issue is brand new and just started all of a sudden, last drivers were updated about 2 weeks ago when the Nvidia 337.88 (I believe that's the number) driver came out. I haven't changed anything in the meanwhile, it just started all of a sudden. I've been browsing on the net but can't find a solution. Also included a picture of how it looks atm, this happens with every game! 

Setup:

I7 4770k stable OC to 4,4. + CM EVO 212

Asus Maximus VI Hero

16GB 1600Mhz Kingston

EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX in SLI

Corsair AXi 860W

(this all works fine)

Monitor 1(primary): LG 24MA53 1920x1080

Monitor 2(old one): Samsung SyncMaster T220 1680x1050

Windows: 8.1

Keyboard: Logitech G19

Mouse: Logitech G500s

Audio: Turtle Beach (D)PX22

All drivers have been updated 2 weeks ago during a full clean up of the system. No issues since then till this thing started about 3 days ago.

post-54944-0-89295100-1402750064.jpg

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

thats probably because it is a shortcut to switch between windows when multiple windows r open...press alt and enter then it will go to fullscreen..

thats probably because it is a shortcut to switch between windows when multiple windows r open...press alt and enter then it will go to fullscreen..

Not the issue meant, alt-enter gives the same result. Going back to desktop.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Not the issue meant, alt-enter gives the same result. Going back to desktop.

first click on the title bar of the game window then press alt and enter together...

first click on the title bar of the game window then press alt and enter together...

I know what you mean but that is not the issue because those basics steps don't work! If basic stuff would've worked I wouldn't come here...

this happens to me too sometimes..

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I know what you mean but that is not the issue because those basics steps don't work! If basic stuff would've worked I wouldn't come here...

okay may be something else is causing the problem u r having...but ya i know sometimes windows behaves differently with different programs...if u find any solution then do post it here...

okay may be something else is causing the problem u r having...but ya i know sometimes windows behaves differently with different programs...if u find any solution then do post it here...

I will, and I even looked if there were programs causing it who uses hooks into the game like EVGA Precision X, Dxtory but those didn't solve it either. So once I find the solution I will happily share it. 

Still no actual answer to this but this somehow just vanished. It just stopped, for now at least.