Who Games on Linux?

KRDucky

I am curious how many people game on Linux? I game on both Windows and Linux and get a lot of guff for gaming on Linux. 

What Linux distribution do you use and for your question I don't have a rig good enough for Minesweeper... :( and I'm trying to get my rig from Windows XP to Ziron Linux but the installation has been well rough

A little of both but mostly windows. The only pc that I have linux on is my first gen i3 laptop with igpu. I did dual boot for a while but ran out of hdd space. 

I run Debian 7.4 x64. It rocks on my I3 lappy. I can play CS:Source and Half Life 2 or L4D2.

Mostly windows, because it's just easier at the moment. I will convert when more than half my games are linux compatible.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Steam reports that they have over 500 games on Linux now. Maybe they should bolster their games for Linux by including the games that show up in the Repos like Cube 2.

I am curious how many people game on Linux? I game on both Windows and Linux and get a lot of guff for gaming on Linux.

I game on Linux and use WINE where I can, usually once you get the games optimised they run better than in Windows due to less backend crap to deal with

What Linux distribution do you use and for your question I don't have a rig good enough for Minesweeper... :( and I'm trying to get my rig from Windows XP to Ziron Linux but the installation has been well rough

Have a look at Linux Mint, also have a look at openttd if you have a really low end pc

Ditto on Linux Mint. Props for playing openTTD. Seriously SteamOS should include all the games from the Debian/GNU Repos to boost the number of games as well as to make it easier for people to play more linux games not found directly in the Steam Store. Perhaps add them to the F2P Steam Store section.

I game on Linux, I just don't game much lately.

I mostly use Linux Mint and Ubuntu 14.04LTS for gaming purposes. I use WINE and play native games. I have actually seen a performance increase whenever I play in Linux. I get crazy FPS in Skyrim when I'm playing in Linux Mint...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I only play Dota 2 in Linux atm.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |