First robot used for chip production?

So im doing an assignment on how robots are a big part in the computer chip production and im having a lot of fun :). I just cant find when robots where first used in a manufacturing process.  My guess is IBM when tube based systems where being replaced and the precision of a robot was needed. does anyone know for sure? 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

So im doing an assignment on how robots are a big part in the computer chip production and im having a lot of fun :). I just cant find when robots where first used in a manufacturing process.  My guess is IBM when tube based systems where being replaced and the precision of a robot was needed. does anyone know for sure? 

Go look into Leonardo da Vinci's robot if you want to read something interesting.

As for digitally operated robots I believe that it was GM (or GM bought it) in the 60's and it was used in a plant.

Oh you said computer chip production... Crap.

:P exactly my problem. nowhere does it go deep into what was used in the production

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Looks like i need to dig deeper :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

Go look into Leonardo da Vinci's robot if you want to read something interesting.

As for digitally operated robots I believe that it was GM (or GM bought it) in the 60's and it was used in a plant.

I dont really want to make a new thread for this but how do you add your build below your posts? thanks in advanced

|| MAELSTROM ||

I dont really want to make a new thread for this but how do you add your build below your posts? thanks in advanced

Sorry for responding so late! Your name at the top right, then edit profile, then signature.

Sorry for responding so late! Your name at the top right, then edit profile, then signature.

Thanks! dw i was at dinner anyway :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

Thanks! dw i was at dinner anyway :P

Ah gotcha. I'm in 'murika so it's 5:30am for me. I'll be having breakfast shortly. Been up for about 44 hours writing papers.

Ah gotcha. I'm in 'murika so it's 5:30am for me. I'll be having breakfast shortly. Been up for about 44 hours writing papers.

Sounds like fun :P writing papers... and going on forums :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

Sounds like fun :P writing papers... and going on forums :P

yeah... dual monitors... forums on one paper on municipal WiFi on the other but uhh... I havent touched my paper in about half an hour... just kinda on here.

yeah... dual monitors... forums on one paper on municipal WiFi on the other but uhh... I havent touched my paper in about half an hour... just kinda on here.

Still counts if you have it open but for some reason my mum doesnt think so... i wonder why? :P you should get back to it 

|| MAELSTROM ||