Motherboard help first build

DemonSack

I'm building my first PC and I have no idea what to look for in a mobo I've been looking at the z97 sabertooth and z97 hero any help would be much appreciated

is this for gaming and overclocking?

Diamond 5 in League :)

If you're not overclocking then get an H97 board.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm building my first PC and I have no idea what to look for in a mobo I've been looking at the z97 sabertooth and z97 hero any help would be much appreciated

any specific requirements u have...?? ur budget...?? will u sli or crossfire..??? 

the sabertooth hides most of the board.. thats why noobs love it, it looks simple.

rog looks bad ass

look for Z and K in the names of the parts you buy and youre golden

if you actually pay for your own stuff, youll find a regular asus or gigabyte board will do the exact same job just as well.

I'm on part picker right now going to post the link in a min

Use the BBCode Markup, it's easier and faster since it shows the parts immediately for us to see.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |