new pc, please help

Go to solution Solved by Megazero,

so you say the  4690k  ll be on portugal in around 2 weeks??? at 275 euros around that right???

but his selling point againt the 4670k ll just be on overclocking right???

im sorry for so many questions xD

I'm not 100% sure about the time it will be on Portugal, but it should be like that :P the price is about 20 USD higher than the 4670k, it's stock clock is better than the 4670k a bit so the OC clock should be as well, but again, depend on the silicon lottery.

hi there guys so im running a i5 3470 at 3.2ghz on a p8z77-v lk

this week ill receive my new evga gtx770 powered by a xfx full modular 850w

I'm selling my board, cpu and an old power supply to a friend of mine, and ill be upgrading my pc i was thinking in buying this goodies

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/processadores/intel-socket-1150/intel-core-i5-4670k-unlocked-3-4ghz-3-8ghz-turbo-6mb-box.html

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/motherboards/intel-socket-1150/asus-maximus-vi-formula-intel-z87-sk1150.html

my question for you is, will i be fine like this??? or should dig for some euros and chose a z97 board??? what ll be the difference

You should wait and get a devils canyon i5 and a decent z97 board. You also dont need to spend so much on a motherboard to get good OC's with HW/DC so you could get some thing else and put the money into games or other hardware.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

hi there guys so im running a i5 3470 at 3.2ghz on a p8z77-v lk

this week ill receive my new evga gtx770 powered by a xfx full modular 850w

I'm selling my board, cpu and an old power supply to a friend of mine, and ill be upgrading my pc i was thinking in buying this goodies

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/processadores/intel-socket-1150/intel-core-i5-4670k-unlocked-3-4ghz-3-8ghz-turbo-6mb-box.html

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/motherboards/intel-socket-1150/asus-maximus-vi-formula-intel-z87-sk1150.html

my question for you is, will i be fine like this??? or should dig for some euros and chose a z97 board??? what ll be the difference

Do the current performance of your i5 is in anyway not good? Cause it's a pretty good CPU already and I wont really upgrade it if it's up to me. I'd rather spend money oh GPU or monitor. But seem like you already go and bought a 770 so... just save it up for the next big upgrade is what I'd suggest.

If you are going to buy it anyway regardless of what I said above, then I'd recommend a i5 4690k instead and a Z97 Mobo, which would be the MSI Z97 G45 gaming Mobo.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Your current CPU and mobo are totally fine.

Why do you want a Asus Maximus Formula? It's a VERY expensive board, that does pretty much what a $140 board does, plus extra fancy features.

Not kidding thats the same thing im doing. Gonna sell my mobo and cpu to a friend and get the same mobo and cpu

Your current CPU and mobo are totally fine.

Why do you want a Asus Maximus Formula? It's a VERY expensive board, that does pretty much what a $140 board does, plus extra fancy features.

i want the  Asus Maximus Formula for later on use her on my watercolling loop, plus i have a nzxt phantom and i cut the side panel to put some acrilyc, so for me the stetic its a bit importante :$

yes they are totally fine, but im selling them to a good friend that needs a new pc on a budget so its like a 2in1

i want the  Asus Maximus Formula for later on use her on my watercolling loop, plus i have a nzxt phantom and i cut the side panel to put some acrilyc, so for me the stetic its a bit importante :$

yes they are totally fine, but im selling them to a good friend that needs a new pc on a budget so its like a 2in1

Then get a i5 4690k, remember, 4690k, not 4670k, and a Z97 mobo one. If you like the Maximus then up to you, but it must be Z97~

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Then get a i5 4690k, remember, 4690k, not 4670k, and a Z97 mobo one. If you like the Maximus then up to you, but it must be Z97~

in terms or performance what ll change by getting a z97???

what do you think ll do the job, this one???

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/motherboards/intel-socket-1150/asus-maximus-vii-ranger-intel-z97-sk1150.html

i cant find the 4690k on my country for pre order or something, i dunno if they ll ship it to where "and yes portugal sucks xD"

in terms or performance what ll change by getting a z97???

what do you think ll do the job, this one???

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/motherboards/intel-socket-1150/asus-maximus-vii-ranger-intel-z97-sk1150.html

i cant find the 4690k on my country for pre order or something, i dunno if they ll ship it to where "and yes portugal sucks xD"

The 4690k is just out in US, so it might take 1-2 weeks for you, but it worth the wait. Z97 isnt so much different from Z87 in performance, it just that the new 4690k and 4790k wont run on Z87 while the old 4670k and 4770k can run on Z97.

The Maximus Ranger is ok. You cant really go wrong with Asus, it just expensive. 

so you say the  4690k  ll be on portugal in around 2 weeks??? at 275 euros around that right???

I'm not 100% sure about the time it will be on Portugal, but it should be like that :P the price is about 20 USD higher than the 4670k, it's stock clock is better than the 4670k a bit so the OC clock should be as well, but again, depend on the silicon lottery.

yah... luck its never by my side xD but ill take my chance, ths man you are awesome sorry for the bad english and for the amount of questions